PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fired it up and put it in reverse and it died. Put it back in park started it back up and it was ok. Why would this happen?
Yesterday while driving it I guess it desired it needed to take a break and turned off after spitting sputtering and chugging. Turned key and it cranked it's typical 7-8 times sounded like it was going to backfire and started again (that's it's normal starting sequence).

This is one of many problems I've had with this brand new machine.

·
Registered
764 Posts
When at idle does the machine shift easily between gears, from high to low, low to reverse, etc?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mostly. sometimes getting it into high its stiff. But I attributed that to being in an odd spot inbetween gears or what not. Just not lined up correctly.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Which year and model do you have?

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2015. Its 6 weeks old and plagued with problems

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Sounds like you got a lemon, keep track of the records, maybe get an attorney...serious. If the jagoffs wont take care of ya, go for blood.

ever since ya started the forum you've had issues...and its BRAND NEW! id prolly be in jail from flippin out. I loose my temper quick when it comes to ppl messin with my money and such.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sounds like you got a lemon, keep track of the records, maybe get an attorney...serious. If the jagoffs wont take care of ya, go for blood.

ever since ya started the forum you've had issues...and its BRAND NEW! id prolly be in jail from flippin out. I loose my temper quick when it comes to ppl messin with my money and such.
I agree with Wagz. Document everything. You deserve to have a properly functioning machine.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dealer says that they have everything documented. Even the corospondence they had with polaris. I have a few lawyer friends. I don't know what they could do. The "lemon law" does not apply to motorcycles so I would guess that means atv as well.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Lemon law does apply. I've seen several in here get there's lemon lawed

Reactions: mustangwagz

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Interesting. I read somewhere that the lemon doesn't apply. I wonder if it matters on the state you live in.
I still haven't recieved my title in the mail and it's been over a month. I told my dealer had I got the title I would throw the title and the key on his desk and tell him it your baby now I want a new ride.
I would be willing now to just get 100% of what I paid put toward a 900 and pay the difference.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
570? I would rip on it like a mad man!! Show the gas pedal no mercy! !!

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah it's a 570

1 - 13 of 13 Posts