PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are missing a lot of snow so far this year, and this is only the third snow we've had since I got our Midsize Crew in January. So, six inches fell this morning (we are getting another dose now), and the wife decided she wanted to plow snow with me for the first time. This is the trip down our driveway. I'll post another link to the trip back up our drive. It's about a 600' drop from our house to the road in a little less than a 1/4 mile so it has two very steep hills and two switchbacks.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Looks like all of you had a great time plowing. When plowing up hill can you do it in high range and if so, what is your impression of the Ranger?

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
My driveway is much too steep to try it in high gear. You may not get the impression from the video, but it's a 600' vertical climb within less than 1/4 mile driveway. Between the two switchbacks, there are two very steep hills. Here is the video for plowing uphill. In low it has plenty of speed and power. As you can see from the video, my drive is carved through granite rock with road base over it so it's pretty bumpy.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Man that doesn't tear that blade up? It just sounds like you are destroying that thing lol

Reactions: Mtjag

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Man that doesn't tear that blade up? It just sounds like you are destroying that thing lol
It does a number on it which is why I went with the KFI steel blade. I looked at those Polaris blue plastic blades with the metal edge and just knew the first time I hit a rock like I did today it would have bent it good. Near the end of the second video, you can see the rock that I pushed up on my first past that I slowed down to push out of the way. That first past on that rock jarred pretty good.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Looks like all of you had a great time plowing. When plowing up hill can you do it in high range and if so, what is your impression of the Ranger?
My impression of the 570 is really good. It has plenty of power and traction to work at my altitude with no loss of power. I didn't have it floored anytime today and when I wanted to "goose it", it was ready to jump.

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
very similar to mine but n Road Sky Tree Trail Dirt road
snow thank god Road Geological phenomenon Sky Thoroughfare Soil
over 1.5 miles long limestone caliche

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
it gets hairy when it is icy Trail Vegetation Tree Nature reserve Plant community

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
Tree Soil Trail Geological phenomenon Plant community
Vegetation Trail Shrubland Plant community Tree
few more back trails T&S

Reactions: Mtjag

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was -4 here this morning and that little bit of snow that happened yesterday afternoon was a pleasure to clear off so the wife could make her rounds. :)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow ! I thought my driveway was long, t'aint but a side step to those. Those Solar Panels keep all civilized comforts going Off the Grid ?
Yes, we are 100% off grid. The solar system does good up here where we have 300+ days of sunshine and at 8600' altitude, the sun can be intense. We have an outdoor wood furnace for heat with a propane furnace for backup. Also have a propane generator for backup as well. Blessed to have a good well too.

Reactions: Tnarb

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well, it's been snowing here all day. My neighbor called me a little after noon to ask me to help her with the snow plow on her truck. So, I got in the Ranger and headed over. I had to plow a little over 12" up the hill and, once again, the 570 took it without an issue. I was able to plow her out so she could get back to their other house. Looks like we will have nearly a couple of feet of snow by in the morning so the 570 will get a good test tomorrow morning.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.