PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have 14' ranger 900 and want to mount 50" curved led. I have lock and ride windshield and roof. I'm looking to mount at roof line in front of windshield. Any suggestions or pictures. Unfortunately clamps found on eBay Won't work because of windshield

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have the polaris sport roof with polaris glass full tip windshield. I lifted windshield and mounted light as low as I could go without hitting wiper. Drilled hole through roof and into cage cross member. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've got a 50" radius black knight led bar I will be mounting tonight, it's going on my 2015 with the lock and ride roof. I had wanted to put it under the front visor edge of the roof , but with the glass and windshield wiper it's just to much. My goal with this install is to not gain anymore overall height. I took a 4' level off the highest part of the roof( rear above back window) and it looks like the light will sit just below that( the lock and ride roof contour pitches forward )
I will post back and let everyone know how it goes

·
Registered
621 Posts
^Anxious to see how that turns out....IF I ever get a light bar that's the way I'd like to install it too

·
Registered
125 Posts
That's the way mine is done. It sets almost flush with roofline. Just had to be a little high bc of the wiper kit. If the windshield doesn't flip out you won't have any issue mounting flush or below.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for responding i have the same machine same color. Thats where i was thinking about mounting it but didnt know if i could squeeze a nut in between the small channel. Did u get yours from matt at light it up and did it come with a switch and wiring harness ready to go? Also send more pics of ur titanium matte it looks killer

·
Registered
125 Posts
Yes I got mine from Matt at light it up. I did not use the switch it came with. I used a Outtraw switch. All in all in was an easy install. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

·
Registered
621 Posts
Looks Good !!!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Ok , I have got my 50" radius led bar mounted. My goal was to keep it at the same height or lower then the highest point of the roof . In order to accomplish this I had to grind the mounts down a little and mount them under the roof , cut a 1/2" x3" slot for the top of the mounts to pass through.i like this better for a few reasons. One I've noticed by mounting it on top of the plastic roof , you would have to shim between the roof and the roll cage so that the roof isn't sucked tight.the second reason is that it's allowed me to mount it directly to the roll cage and pass through the roof. Using a 4' level from the highest point of the roof, the top of the light is 7/8" lower than the top of the roof in the back. The main purpose was to still be able to get the machine in my garage. If someone can give me info on posting pictures I will.also my lightbar is the 50" radius bar by blacknight

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have a 50" curved cree on roof line, welded roof brackets for f150 p/u on frame so that I can remove Polaris roof and windshield untitled.png

·
Registered
207 Posts
I did the same with custom brackets so I can remove my windshield and roof without moving the lightbar

Attachments

Reactions: mustangwagz

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Did u have to put washers or shims between plastic roof and metal track? Can u send pic of inside where bolts came threw metal channel. Also thanks for the extra picks of your rig mines not quite as sweet as yours yetttttt! Do u have a lift or can a stock rig clear 28" tires? Thanks for all ur help

·
Registered
125 Posts
I didn't put have to put shims or washers on mine when I did it. I never plan on taking my roof off anyway so I didn't care about mounting it through the roof onto cross bar. My top does have the seal kit installed on it which may be when it fits so snug to my frame anyway. I will see if I can get some pictures to show you. I am at work in west Texas now and rig is in Mississippi. It literally took me an hour bc I already had it thought out as you are doing now.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Also I do not have a lift on my machine. This 28 tire rubbed just a small bit when off camber but not enough to even show wear on inner fender. After a few miles it doesn't rub anymore. I've got 700 miles on the tires and machine now

·
Registered
84 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 50" curved cree on roof line, welded roof brackets for f150 p/u on frame so that I can remove Polaris roof and windshield View attachment 8130
Thats looks great! Where did you pick up your mounts from? Im trying to do the exact same thing you have done. I like the look of how yours is done. Good job!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thats looks great! Where did you pick up your mounts from? Im trying to do the exact same thing you have done. I like the look of how yours is done. Good job!
Yes, I'd like to know where you got those too. Looks great.

·
Registered
616 Posts
That's the way mine is done. It sets almost flush with roofline. Just had to be a little high bc of the wiper kit. If the windshield doesn't flip out you won't have any issue mounting flush or below.
There have been discussions on this forum that mounting the light bar above the windshield produces a lot of glare on the windshield. Do you find that to be the case?

1 - 20 of 36 Posts