PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought both the 20" and the 50" curved LED Light Bar for my ride. I wanted to see some other members who mounted this same style of light to the same roof. The supplied brackets pose some concerns so I'm looking for ideas on installation and running the wire as hidden as possible. My friend is also mounting the same two LED bars on his Ranger XP 900 but will have a different roof. Any pics or tips using a roof different from AudioFormz are welcomed.

Thanks.

·
Registered
84 Posts
There's a few post on here on how guys have doing it, I chose to notch my roof for the brackets to sit under the front visor edge for overall height purposes

Tire Bicycle wheel Auto part Spoke Wheel

Automotive exterior Light Bumper Automotive lighting Headlamp

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So you cut out a section of roof to slide in the brackets? Also, I see you have a Blue Seas Fuse Block. Did that help with power load? We are considering the same thing but we are not sure if we need it. thank you

·
Registered
84 Posts
Before i removed the roof i marked the outsides of the roofs egldges with white chalk.this allowed me to be more precise on my mesurements for the notches in the roof .after attatching the brackets to the roll cage(flat spot), I then removed a 1/2" by 1 1/2" slit in the roof , slipped the roof over the brackets and mounted the light .I chose to seal the edges around the brackets with black rtv silicone. I think it looks good. As I stated in the other forum topic on this project , my goal was to keep the light lower to still be able to fit the bike in my garage ( top of light is 7/8" lower then highest part of the roof)

Now the blue seas fuse block was an upgrade I believe everyone should do. It can turn into a time consuming project if you want to keep your wires traceable , I had fun doing this and my switches and learned alot about how the switch , and relays work!( thanks to (fswan)keep in mind that my fuse block is keyed hot for the reason of my daughter likes to climb around the bike and play with switches.it can easily be set up so it's always hot though.
Wire Auto part Engine Automotive fuel system Automotive lighting

Electronics Technology Vehicle Electronic device Car

Electronics Electrical wiring Technology Wire Auto part

Vehicle Car Auto part

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Great info on the roof and fuse block. Thank you for the explanations and pics!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Vehicle Car Mode of transport Off-roading Off-road vehicle

I drilled a single hole into my front crossmember and installed my light bar in less than an hour total wiring and all. Light sits level with existing roof line. Did not want to cut my roof. Also, my front lip of my roof is not sticking up, allowing water to pass by seal and into my cab

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
View attachment 8341

I drilled a single hole into my front crossmember and installed my light bar in less than an hour total wiring and all. Light sits level with existing roof line. Did not want to cut my roof. Also, my front lip of my roof is not sticking up, allowing water to pass by seal and into my cab
Clint,
What path did you take to run wire? We are thinking about running it through the pipe inside the frame. Thank you

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
We got this 50" curved light bar installed below my AudioFormz roof. We bought lighting brackets for a Ford F150 and my buddy cut and modified to fit both of our XP 900's. Turned out great. He also made the custom brackets for our 20" curved lights. We also got our switches installed and a red LED floorboard light. Turned out very nice

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.