PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a great deal on a light bar.

My plan is to mount it on the roof. I have the premium roof with headliner. My plan is to drill two holes for the mount and one for the wire. I'll add a backer for the mounting brackets on the back side of the roof to give it a little added strength. Black windshield caulk for the wire hole. Wiring will be a switch with relay from E-Bay (OPT7). Switch will be mounted in the wiper housing.

Any thoughts, any thing I should know before I start ??????

·
Registered
123 Posts
You mentioned having the premium roof and wipers. If you also have the tip-out windshield be careful to install the light bar mounts high enough so your wiper will not hit the light bar when your windshield is in the fully open position. I did not think of this, and I had to re-drill my holes. I sealed the first set of holes and was also able to cover them with the light mounts, but it was a stupid mistake on my part and I'd hate to see anyone else make the same one.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You mentioned having the premium roof and wipers. If you also have the tip-out windshield be careful to install the light bar mounts high enough so your wiper will not hit the light bar when your windshield is in the fully open position. I did not think of this, and I had to re-drill my holes. I sealed the first set of holes and was also able to cover them with the light mounts, but it was a stupid mistake on my part and I'd hate to see anyone else make the same one.
When I was thinking about how I would like to mount the bar I did a search and read about somebody else doing this also.

Thanks for the heads up !!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts