PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering what the general consensus is on mud blockers. Are they worth the asking price? My bike is new so I have never had to clean mud out of it yet. I am not really worried about the cost, not interested in making them myself. For the people that have them, do you like them? Do they do what they are intended to do?

The Jack

·
Registered
973 Posts
Just wondering what the general consensus is on mud blockers. Are they worth the asking price? My bike is new so I have never had to clean mud out of it yet. I am not really worried about the cost, not interested in making them myself. For the people that have them, do you like them? Do they do what they are intended to do?

The Jack
I purchased yesterday a 26" by 36" freight truck mud flap from Rural Kind $12.99 and a piece of 42" metal with holes in it from lowes, approximately $10 and made these for my 570 crew upfront. I split the flat 12" by 36" and it runs from the bottom of the fender up over the front shock towers and I mounted the bar across to zip tie the flaps. The flaps new extended slight outside the fenders, may trim but looks fine and protects completely under the front headlights, simple and cheap

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Wheel Bumper
Auto part Vehicle Bumper Automotive exterior Car

Reactions: PCHunter

·
Registered
54 Posts
Yes, you will want them after the first wet trail ride - took me 2hrs with a hose to get the mud out from all the crevices. I made my own, bc I wasn't going to pay the what most are asking. Haven't don't the front yet - looks like a good plan alloutdoors! In going to steal your idea.

2015 Ranger 570 mid
EMP full front windshield
Polaris poly rear glass
Custom rear and underbed mud guards
Planned: Tires, wheels, lift, arch arms, winch, stereo

Reactions: revrnd

·
Registered
290 Posts
Like was said above you will not like all the mud it really piles up in everything,I made my own also not hard and makes clean up way better

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
Yeah, whether you buy them or make your own, they're one of the best mod's you can do.

·
Premium Member
829 Posts

This is what I done to help keep my Ranger clean and the wash time down.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
yep. got an old mud flap today.. cut it in half and hung them in front of the tires... looks good:semi-twins:

·
Registered
616 Posts
yep. got an old mud flap today.. cut it in half and hung them in front of the tires... looks good:semi-twins:
Did you use a saw blade to cut it?

·
Registered
37 Posts
I purchased yesterday a 26" by 36" freight truck mud flap from Rural Kind $12.99 and a piece of 42" metal with holes in it from lowes, approximately $10 and made these for my 570 crew upfront. I split the flat 12" by 36" and it runs from the bottom of the fender up over the front shock towers and I mounted the bar across to zip tie the flaps. The flaps new extended slight outside the fenders, may trim but looks fine and protects completely under the front headlights, simple and cheap

View attachment 8492 View attachment 8493
How did you attach them at the cab and the bottom of the cab?

·
Registered
213 Posts
I bought the kit from mudbusters... comes with guards for the front and rear. Rear guards also have a cover for the underside of the bed to cover up the waffle shape, and also come with covers for the areas in front of your rear tires. All the trimming, hardware and holes are already prepped. You'll use some of the existing bolts on the ranger to hold them on... very happy with the results.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I ordered 4 sheets of 1/8" black ABS plastic sheets 24" x 48" and will custom make some for my EV. Last weekend I had mud on top of my batteries if that tells you how much mud was every where. I need to cut my wash time way down.

·
Registered
616 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.