PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to reduce the exhaust noise of my 570 and considering an automotive style muffler. Anyone here modified a ranger with automotive style muffler and if so, did you notice a significant reduction in noise?

·
Registered
642 Posts
I think DRoc did this a while back, and it slightly helped. I think it's just the single cylinder thing. I've asked around about and gone to different dealerships to listen to other 570's lol

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have found this video online and shared it with an automotive shop here and may give it a try. I have no interest in enhancing/taking away from performance of my unit, but if I can make the unit whisper quiet, then I'm all in

·
Registered
973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very well done showing the difference, but not to much change. I guess it depends a lot on what muffler you choose. Then my old ears might not be as good as they use too.
Agree it appears minimal and like you, it may be muffler choice. If I do move forward with this modification, I will spend the extra money on a nice automotive muffler and hope for the best outcome :)

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I think w/o a dB meter any "measurements" are going to be very subjective.

That being said my 50 year old ears didn't notice a big change. At least not enough for me to be bothered w/ the mod. Compared to the other power equipment I'm using (chain & brush saws & a woodsplitter) @ the woodlot, the Ranger is the quietest of the bunch.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Yeah I don't think this mod is worth the trouble or money. I didn't hear the difference, both those mufflers are noisy it just changed the pitch

·
Registered
618 Posts
Muffer aside, I have noticed that a good deal of noise from my 500 comes from the drivetrain and clutching. I think if I were to quite the muffler down any more it would just make this noise more noticeable. It may be different on the 570's due to the engine placement.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Exactly, all the noise I hear is my motor and clutch, not exhaust

·
Registered
239 Posts
On my 500, I have a Benz silent rider exhaust. I can tell you it does make the exhaust quieter. However the engine and clutch noise are still more than the exhaust noise. But I do like the extra muffler and really don't notice any power loss.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.