·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Auto part Subcompact car
Auto part
Auto part Metal
Auto part
well I have broke 4 front rhinos so far in 3 months as some of yall may know I go threw these things like candy i just broke another one this past weekend an well i called them Monday to get ether a refund or store credit because i don't want to run them anymore sense i break them every time i ride really getting tired of it sense the whole tire falls off an ends my ride well they insisted this time to attempt to fix my problem got to talking to them they asked my about my ranger told them everything on my ranger is super atv lift a arms ect well the guy told me i want u to try our new a arms they now make high clearance a arms as of this week for the midsize u said maybe there is a problem with the a arm an the a arms have a life time warranty so he is sending me a new set of there a arms an another rhino axle i haven't had much luck with there front axels but i have absolutely nothing bad to say about there customer service just plan awesome they 100% stand behind there product an didn't give me no bs i am a very happy customer even with the problems ive had

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
Man, I hate to hear you're still having troubles with that. That's such an extremely odd place for them to break, but it can't be a coincidence......that's just too many broken parts.

Glad to hear that they're trying to help and I hope you get it worked out soon. I know that's gotta be disheartening and making you lose faith in your machine.

Reactions: Rum Runner

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I betcha that the arms are the problem. You are the only person I know to break a rhino there, yet alone 3 of them lol

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Are you sure you are getting your axle nuts torqued tight enough?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im just very happy that they are trying to help resolve it an yes I do test the limit's of my buggy some times but I've had them break just doodling around there guy said it has to be the a arms there old ones that I have are really crappy but there new ones are supposed to be impressive an no the axel nut is not the issue the threads should strip out before it would damage the axel

·
Registered
1,650 Posts

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Yeah it sound like something besides the axles are to blame for sure. On the torque, I didn't mean you were hurting them by over-torquing, but the opposite, maybe not getting them tight enough would put more stress on the point that is breaking. If you are breaking them just tooling around then something else is the reason.

im just very happy that they are trying to help resolve it an yes I do test the limit's of my buggy some times but I've had them break just doodling around there guy said it has to be the a arms there old ones that I have are really crappy but there new ones are supposed to be impressive an no the axel nut is not the issue the threads should strip out before it would damage the axel

·
Registered
764 Posts
You were talking so much trash about the rhino axles a few weeks ago and everyone was trying to tell you there must be something else going on but you wouldnt hear it....

Glad to see you are willing to try something to get to the bottom of it... Good luck...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I use a impact there tight an yea im still not to sure about there axles but I am willing to give it one more try

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
It's definitly bad ass that they are standing behind their product though.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Factory axle torque on my 900 is 75 ft/lbs. If you are using an impact, it may be too much. I know a normal 1/2" impact will put out 200+ ft/lbs before you know it. Also, the size of the threads on the shaft are approx. 3/4", and fine thread. Even on a grade 5 (weak tensile strength) bolt, the threads are capable of torque over 250 ft/lbs before they will "strip" out, as mentioned in an earlier post. Add that these axles are some type of chrome/moly based alloy steel, the threads will not fail anywhere near the correct torque. Just something to chew on that may not have been thought of.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Rum Runner, just a quick opinion on the new SATV Gen II A-Arms...so far...absolutely great! Beautiful fit and finish and OMG are these things built! The difference between my OEM A-Arms and these is just plain stupid funny! I have little doubt that anyone will be displeased with these new arms.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was wondering if the a-arms fixed the problems. I'm running into the same problems with the rhino axles. I'm on my fourth axle an I'm tried of replacing them

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Switch to cobras.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
sorry to hear that im fixing the problem alright converting to full size stuff Auto part
way bigger stub shaft

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.