PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got one of those rear stabilizer, make it stronger from one of the sponsors here, and it should just bolt on, but my bolts are the wrong direction, see pics attached, how hard is it to turn the bolts and nuts around ? do all I do is jack it up to take off the stress and undue, turn around and good to go ?
Below is my post with pics !
http://www.prcforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=45019

·
Rally Committee
3,020 Posts
Its not that hard to pull the bolts, put the plate in place, and re-install the bolts. That is what I did.

·
Rally Committee
3,020 Posts
hulihan said:
Did you have to use a jack ? Or just one at a time and quick and easy ?
Thank you
Craig
What I did was used a jack to relief some of the pressure. Then I took a bolt that was the same size and tapped it in while tapping the other one out. Did that to all 4. Placed the bolts through the plate, and did it again in reverse. If I would have had grade 8 bolts, I would have probably left them in with the nuts facing out. I just used what I had laying around.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dumb Question,
When I jack it up a tad to a point to relieve pressure, will the bolts just slide out, or will it take effort, I replaced a belt over the weekend, and although it was easy, a lot had to be loosened and moved to get the cover off, so I am wondering how much pressure is on an A arm, all my tools are at my house and my machine is at a different location, so we will be there all next week and I am going to take my floor jock, if I jack it up to a point will the bolt slide out, turn around and slide back in, I only have 4 total ? Thanks for your guidance !

·
Rally Committee
3,020 Posts
It takes some effort. That is why I recommend getting 4 bolts of similar size so that you can tap them in while tapping the others out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts