PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went trailer shopping this morning....I had been looking at the Mission trailers...one just for hauling the Ranger...the one I bought was a 6' x 10' all aluminum , bi-fold ramp, it weighs 600 lbs, GVW is 3000 lbs....removable sides....I kinda wish I got a 12 or 14 or 16 or bigger...but I have other trailers also. And wanted one really just for the Ranger. I do need to change my hitch to the drop one I have to level it out. I have a few riding trips planned this spring and summer and after such a long winter...I'm ready.

Attachments

· Registered
297 Posts
That is a really nice trailer!
I would definitely use a drop hitch to level it out. It will pull and handle much better if it's level.
Make sure your truck and trailer are on level ground.
Measure the hitch height from the ground to the top of the receiver opening on the trailer hitch.
Measure the hitch height from the ground to the top of the receiver opening on the trailer hitch.
The difference is the amount of drop in the ball mount you will need., just get the ball mount with the closest dimension to your nedded drop.

· Registered
75 Posts
Real nice and light... Where do you strap it down to?

· Registered
142 Posts
Nice trailer

· Registered
429 Posts
Very nice! Might want to add some air in the tires too. :very_drunk:

· Registered
1,659 Posts
What kind of wood is the deck? Is it treated? Looks nice.

· Registered
1,565 Posts
Went trailer shopping this morning....I had been looking at the Mission trailers...one just for hauling the Ranger...the one I bought was a 6' x 10' all aluminum , bi-fold ramp, it weighs 600 lbs, GVW is 3000 lbs....removable sides....I kinda wish I got a 12 or 14 or 16 or bigger...but I have other trailers also. And wanted one really just for the Ranger. I do need to change my hitch to the drop one I have to level it out. I have a few riding trips planned this spring and summer and after such a long winter...I'm ready.
You have to bring your rig to the cambridge cornfield ride for make a wish this fall 300 atv and sxs a must do.

· Vendor
1,647 Posts
Very sharp trailer! One day when I'm not such a tightwad, I'd like to try an aluminum trailer.

· Registered
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The deck is 5 quarter presser treated decking, they do make a all aluminum deck, I thought that would be just too slippery. And I did order recessed 'D' rings (6) to drop into the deck for tie downs. I have a aluminum triton aluminum snowmobile trailer, I bought it new in '95, it was redecked once, still in great shape. But I would not trust it to haul my Ranger. Just too much invested to have the trailer fail.

· Premium Member
109 Posts
Good looking trailer I like the sides and bifold tail gate

· Registered
616 Posts
Really nice trailer! I recently upgraded my hitch and some of my towing gear. I have several trailers that all vary a little in tounge height. I will be getting one of these soon so I only need one hitch for all of them. It is adjustable height with both a 2" and 2 5/6" ball. They also have different brands, some are aluminum.

http://www.amazon.com/Manufacturing...8947635&sr=8-1&keywords=curt+adjustable+hitch

· Registered
56 Posts
Really nice trailer! I recently upgraded my hitch and some of my towing gear. I have several trailers that all vary a little in tounge height. I will be getting one of these soon so I only need one hitch for all of them. It is adjustable height with both a 2" and 2 5/6" ball. They also have different brands, some are aluminum.

Amazon.com: CURT Manufacturing 45900 Channel-Style Adjuastable Dual Ball Mount: Automotive

Google B&W "Tow and Stow" Best adjustable hitch made! I little pricey, but well made!

· Registered
616 Posts
Google B&W "Tow and Stow" Best adjustable hitch made! I little pricey, but well made!

I just checked that one out. It looks pretty slick. I will add that to my list of possibilities. I will say that my buddy has the Curt model and it is also very nice quality/ heavy duty. It looks like both are very well made units with great adjustability.

· Registered
123 Posts
Hey Willie, or anyone else who can help with his question. I'm just getting ready to buy a trailer for my Ranger (and for picking up stone, soil, etc.) and I am planning to get a 6x10 and was just wondering how tight it is for the length. I read that the specs say the 900 is 116.5 inches long. So I guess there would be about 3.5 inches to spare, just wondering how this fits real world. Thanks!

· Registered
491 Posts
I have a 6x10 and a 16'. The 10' has a folding ramp about 4' tall.
first time I hauled my 2010 xp on the 10' the ramp rubbed the tailgate on the ranger. Looks like Willies gate is shorter and folds up so shouldn't have the same issue. If it's pulled up to the front of the trailer and tied down good shouldn't be a problem. I sold my 2010xp to one of my sons and GAVE him the 10'.
Man, I was either over or under medicated that day.
ha

· Registered
123 Posts
Thanks for the response Rick. I'm thinking that I'll go with the 6x10 and when I'm trailering the Ranger maybe strap a moving blanket to the ramp where it could potentially rub the Rangers tailgate just to be safe.

· Registered
970 Posts

· Registered
491 Posts
Thanks for the response Rick. I'm thinking that I'll go with the 6x10 and when I'm trailering the Ranger maybe strap a moving blanket to the ramp where it could potentially rub the Rangers tailgate just to be safe.
I only made that mistake once. If the ranger is up against the front of the trailer it shouldn't be a problem.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.