PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Oh, I will continue to review on a couple of things... I'll get some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I have found rodent resistant tape. Honda sells it. Or Teraoka brand tape. Expensive, but may be a short term fix until I figure out if a new harness is in order. I have to separate raw strands of wire from touching each other. I don't want to get into a short or spark situation.
I will talk to my local dealer tomorrow and go from there. ...Methodical.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Max, as far as the cluncking in your front end, I would replace your shock bushings with Gp. Garage Prouducts bushings, I installed these on my 2015 xp900 along with the GP. rear bearing carrier bushings and they are way better than the stock garbage ones they give us. I have allso replaced all suspension bushings with super ATVs machined from uhmw.bushings 2 upgrades I would recommend, shouldn't even have to upgrade a 25 TO 30,000 MACHINE AT ALL.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Max, I mentioned your shock bushings first because if any bushings are wore out allready it would be them before your suspension a arm bushing they are very loose and sloppy fitting even when new. Allso being u have Northstar that has 2 swaybars they can or could be a source of a lot of your squeaking, though my 15 900 only has one, and it let's me know when it needs lubes, it sounds like the squeak is coming right out my radio.

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Should I try a light lithium or other grease on my rubber bushings? Seems like a dust/dirt attractor.
I will check Garage Products... But first things first - I have to get my electrical sorted.

Reactions: catmanLE

·
Registered
52 Posts
After a while doesn't it make sense to buy a jeep and steer away from a $30K UTV?

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
After a while doesn't it make sense to buy a jeep and steer away from a $30K UTV?
Its certainly a choice NEPA. Points can be made to go in either direction.

Reactions: catmanLE

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
A couple more review items...
Switches. I guess they are in the stock location as far as lights & winch goes. Well hidden where I have my steering wheel set. They could be better located. I hope to move the winch switch to the center switches.

Raised steering wheel.

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Front end clunk. I need a second person to listen while I drive past. It only takes 5mph for a very audible clunk.
Is it the brakes? I don't know yet...

Rodent repellents.
The wife has read Irish Spring soap deters rodents. I am not sure about that but I have two bars under the seat.
I also found some rodent repellant spray, which I am spraying in keys areas of entry. It has peppermint oil which is supposed to be the repellent.

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I'll do a review of the wheels & tires when I get the 4th tire in. Its about a week behind the other three.
Looking forward to seeing them on the rig!

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #34 (Edited)
No review tonight, just a pic in the hood. Starting to get dark earlier already, Darn.
Messed up year and time still flies by. 🤔

And blended in, well, because... its camo!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yes, plant based as I understand. I have heard Mercedes has this issue too. Among others?
I truly am not sure if that the case with Polaris wiring, but they sure munched on mine.
That is so lousy man. I would be livid. War on the little rodents.
My machine has one loud squeak right now coming from the rear, something about the bed mount squeaks loud. Then a fairly loud tick coming from the passenger side of the motor. Normal? Valve adjustment needed? Who knows? I just ride and enjoy it.

·
Registered
580 Posts
That is so lousy man. I would be livid. War on the little rodents.
My machine has one loud squeak right now coming from the rear, something about the bed mount squeaks loud. Then a fairly loud tick coming from the passenger side of the motor. Normal? Valve adjustment needed? Who knows? I just ride and enjoy it.
I would look at the stabilizer bar bushings at frame.
They have a front zerk but if there is a knock, they need to be replaced.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Engine braking has differing degrees of retard from the engine according to the way the ramps are designed in the helix in the secondary clutch.
The EBS system combines an aggressive retard helix with a one way bearing.
The engine braking is controlled by the belt being engaged by the primary clutch until the speed drops enough that the belt drops on to the bearing in the bottom of the primary which is around 1 to maybe 3-5 mph according to how steep the grade. This one way bearing will let the engine go faster than the belt so it can idle but it won't let the belt go faster than the engine so when you go down a hill the engine braking is always engaged so when the tires slide they keep on sliding. You can change to the two way bearing with the EBS secondary and it will release at low speeds like the standard non EBS.
Without EBS you still have some engine braking but when the tires start sliding the engine speed drops and the clutch releases the belt and the rear tires stop sliding. That is when you need to hit the brakes to slow down. The non EBS secondary clutch also has a less aggressive helix which many people like, me included.
The ADC is only available factory installed so it is not something you can add on easily or cheaply.
This is such a great explanation rocknroll, thank you. I will certainly switch to a two way bearing at some point, the downhill sideways slide is DANGEROUS. WTF POLARIS

First thing is to get my wiring in order. Thats a terrible thing to have to say about a new vehicle. But it is what it is.
I have my tires & beadlock wheels to mount also. Not many people want to do that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here in AZ pack rats can be a big problem for vehicles in more rural areas. They did $1k damage to my AC. Most people use strings of rope lights set under vehicles/RVs during the night. Rodents tend to stay away from light since their most active at night. Might be another option for your war against those pesky critters.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts