PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

61 - 80 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Well my appointment time finally has arrived. My XP is in for wiring harness replacement or repair. My dealer is evaluating the damaged areas. Fingers crossed!
I have liability Ins. only, so it will be out of pocket, ouch. I took the gamble on not having issues with my Ranger, and boom, I got bit.

On spacers, many companies are out of stock on spacers. And the company where I purchased my spacers has not replied to my email (no surprise I suppose), re spacer replacement or at least info on their construction and country of mfg.
I think I will go up to 1 1/2" spacers - for stance with lift (my wheels are 5/2), and more meat of aluminum to torque down to, though I haven't found any in stock at this time. Remember when you lift, your vehicle narrows.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Max, did your NS. Feel tippy in off cambers on your stock tires, and wonder if the new 14in polaris rims are using a different offset now to go with the 29in tire versions...?

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Max, did your NS. Feel tippy in off cambers on your stock tires, and wonder if the new 14in polaris rims are using a different offset now to go with the 29in tire versions...?
Good question catman. My Ranger does not feel tippy. Its too wide to feel tippy. It does have a rolly poly feel sometimes. As in good active articulating suspension. I am surprised how compliant the shocks are actually.
I think the sway bars work good stabilizing the machine, yet still allow articulation.
I put 1" spacers on, as the rims I purchased were 5/2 on backspacing vs the roughly 4/3 wheels as stock. Width is roughly as stock.
I did not want to go 'tall' so I could gas it up as a racer style mindset vs a crawler mindset. I think I have a good compromise. Funny, in actuality I will probably low range it more than the powerslide thing. Lol
Is there a width spec out yet for the 29" wheel version? That will give the answer IMO.

Oh, as far as the feel with the current 14"/28" wheels/tires... I haven't used it much since the rodents hit it. It feels different yes, still articulates well, and the horsepower hides the weight disadvantage of the heavier wheels. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Hey max what is the overall height of your machine from ground to highest point. I have a mma lift aswell and looking to make sure before I order some tires if it will fit in my shed.....sorry NVM realized your machine is in for service

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
My rig is 20 miles away in the shop right now, getting a full harness replacement. I'll get a measurement asap.

Reactions: Southwest ORV

·
Registered
240 Posts
Good question catman. My Ranger does not feel tippy. Its too wide to feel tippy. It does have a rolly poly feel sometimes. As in good active articulating suspension. I am surprised how compliant the shocks are actually.
I think the sway bars work good stabilizing the machine, yet still allow articulation.
I put 1" spacers on, as the rims I purchased were 5/2 on backspacing vs the roughly 4/3 wheels as stock. Width is roughly as stock.
I did not want to go 'tall' so I could gas it up as a racer style mindset vs a crawler mindset. I think I have a good compromise. Funny, in actuality I will probably low range it more than the powerslide thing. Lol
Is there a width spec out yet for the 29" wheel version? That will give the answer IMO.

Oh, as far as the feel with the current 14"/28" wheels/tires... I haven't used it much since the rodents hit it. It feels different yes, still articulates well, and the horsepower hides the weight disadvantage of the heavier wheels. Hope this helps.
I'd say the same, my 2020 Ranger Crew 1000 SOHC behaves exactly the way you described. It is surprisingly stable, just very compliant...which is exactly what I wanted. I was shopping for comfort, and this machine delivers.

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #70
Here's my real question for you: how do you keep the rats from eating your wires THE NIGHT YOU GET IT HOME. ??!!
Oh boy... we have considered building a 'dog cage' with tight mesh.
The night lights, rodent repellent spray (peppermint oil) and traps are worrisome as to their success.
My shop is full at the moment. ...TBC

·
Registered
189 Posts
A hungry cat might do the trick. I can remember growing up on the farm, we always had an old cat in the yard. Never had any old rats in the yard.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Oh boy... we have considered building a 'dog cage' with tight mesh.
The night lights, rodent repellent spray (peppermint oil) and traps are worrisome as to their success.
My shop is full at the moment. ...TBC
So I imagine that you're keeping the Ranger in a garage/shop of some sort? That's not helping, huh?

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
So I imagine that you're keeping the Ranger in a garage/shop of some sort? That's not helping, huh?
Huh? Wind up?
Yes it would help to be in my shop as my shop is rodent free. My shop is full so my Ranger resides in a carport. UV/sun free, but not wind free or rodent free.
We work very hard on our property to eradicate rodents. We have none indoors, and outdoors is a crap shoot.
Workinonit nailed it... get a cat!!
Nuff said.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Huh? Wind up?
Yes it would help to be in my shop as my shop is rodent free. My shop is full so my Ranger resides in a carport. UV/sun free, but not wind free or rodent free.
We work very hard on our property to eradicate rodents. We have none indoors, and outdoors is a crap shoot.
Workinonit nailed it... get a cat!!
Nuff said.
Hey amigo, it's been 8 days. What's the latest?!

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Hey amigo, it's been 8 days. What's the latest?!
Waiting on a wiring harness. Its on a slow boat from somewhere. My shop said they would pull my broken spacers so I could return for replacements, but they are dragging butt.
So basically hurry up and wait for now. Thanks for asking. 👍

And I have made room in my shop for Skeeter. 😉

·
Registered
240 Posts
Waiting on a wiring harness. Its on a slow boat from somewhere. My shop said they would pull my broken spacers so I could return for replacements, but they are dragging butt.
So basically hurry up and wait for now. Thanks for asking. 👍

And I have made room in my shop for Skeeter. 😉
Stupid slow boat.

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
Well good news! I have a new harness in my XP. Picked it up today. All is as it should be!
It was out of pocket but thats how it goes. Got replacement spacers on the way and the two good ones will work in the back till the other two spacers come in.
And I made space to keep it indoors, packrat free!

IMG_8466.jpg

·
Registered
240 Posts
Well good news! I have a new harness in my XP. Picked it up today. All is as it should be!
It was out of pocket but thats how it goes. Got replacement spacers on the way and the two good ones will work in the back till the other two spacers come in.
And I made space to keep it indoors, packrat free!
Great! Hey, where did your new wheels/tires go?

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Southest, as you may or may not have followed my posts & pictures, I had spacers failure. But my wheels are back on.

Skeeter is glad to be back home. Lol :love:

IMG_8532.jpg

61 - 80 of 88 Posts