PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
You sure had your share of trouble with that thing.
I am generally the guy that doesn't have issues. Good luck or karma or whatever. I guess it catches up at some time or another.
Really the Ranger has been good in itself. Can't use packrats or bum spacers to blame Polaris.
A plug & play (not exactly that simple) wiring harness replacement should be trouble free.
Its running perfect, and now I am keeping it on the performance setting and Skeet moves out well.

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
In da bush! Skeeter blends pretty well.

Winter is coming up quick... Getting close to having to picking up a snowplow. I cringe at the thought as I am about tapped out on $ with the machine, but I am the guy who plows the neighborhood.
Then, whether its by years end or in the spring, a Gilomen tune is on the agenda. All I hear is good with Gilomen.
Number one reason is to reduce the ADC. Absolutely dangerous. WTF Polaris. Sliding sideways on sketchy loose downhills is not cool.
The XP is running super sweet on performance mode. Deluxe

Reactions: Stroke250

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I have been having interesting issues with our new Ranger. Still.
Of course I sent the cracked spacers back for replacement. Their latest reply is they stopped selling the spacers and will refund my money. LOL
Most everywhere else 1" spacers are out of stock. Just as well, as the wheel studs are about 1 1/8" and protrude. I don't think people check this stuff.
Really I only need the two rear spacers to bump out my 5/2 wheels, so I will leave it at that. The front 5/2 backspace is close to stock.
I will be out doing other things in life and not using my Ranger for awhile. All is good, cheers.

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Back in my XP! I have been on a two week business trip. Hopped in my Northstar yesterday...
I really enjoy the plushness it has. I had forgot. I love the rolly polly feel.
Gave my 75 year old neighbor a ride in it (wearing masks lol) - she was tickled at the ride in 'Skeeter'. She cracked up at the name. We rode up to her own personal forest on their hilly farm of 40 acres. I have some great older neighbors.
Its getting chilly here... the heater is kicking butt. Can't wait for some cold weather outings.
Working to get a snow plow, hope I'm not too late...
All systems go on my rig - it now sleeps inside and packrat free. Whew.

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #86
After a couple of days of snow & rain (nothing stuck), the ground is good! Traction action on the trail on my property. Straight up & straight down. My SunF tires stick.
I have my snowplow ordered and low & behold it appears to be in stock - with hydro turn!
The first day or two I have used the heater and let me tell you, it heats up the cab quick. I love that - bring on the snow. 🤠❄
Next will be a gun tote.

I can practically hide my XP in some of the huge sage.

IMG_8690.jpg

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
Installed my plow over the weekend. No power to my winch ATM. Everything looks connected & nothing blown.
Letting my shop run the hydro turn wiring & chase the winch issue. Pics when its done.
Heavy azz plow I must say! Really drops the front down. Getting cold and snow very close!

·
Registered
Now a 2020 Northstar!
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Well I'm not waiting for snow but I am ready for it! Snow teased but nothing for a while now. Liking my Seizmik gun tote too. None of that outside gun carry for me.
The Northstar heater kicks ass! Loving it.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts