PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This was a fun build. Special thanks to Racer Tech, Twisted Sticth, Rugged Radios, Line X of Valdosta, GA, Metal Fabrication of Tallahassee, FL. and Carnivore for telling me how to make my fenders white!! If you are ever wondering how easy it is to clean Line X up after a long weekend of trail riding. My machine was washed just before the pictures below from a 376 mile ride week.

DSC_0028.JPG DSC_0050.JPG DSC_0044.JPG

Reactions: carnivore and tuna

·
Registered
819 Posts
How do you make the fenders white?

·
6,910 Posts
Sweet ! How do you make the fenders white ?

·
Registered
276 Posts
That looks awesome:encouragement:

·
Premium Member
114 Posts
That thing is freakin sweet!

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
Holy cow, you did the whole body in Line X.....................(That's how he made it white)
It looks great! Very Cool!
Its amazing how easy Line X parts are to clean. Nothing sticks to it.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
.....Its amazing how easy Line X parts are to clean. Nothing sticks to it.
If it cleans up THAT easy, I might have to do my entire RZR. We've got a new polyurea (LineX material) sprayer at the shop.:cool:

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
If it cleans up THAT easy, I might have to do my entire RZR. We've got a new polyurea (LineX material) sprayer at the shop.:cool:
You saw the material at Windrock this year. Nothing cleans easier..................

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
You saw the material at Windrock this year. Nothing cleans easier..................
Yeah, but I'd have to tear the whole dang thing apart again. Maybe after deer season is over and before spring riding/turkey season begins.

·
Registered
819 Posts
I thought Line X was like Rhino Lining, very rough. Is Line-X smooth? Does it last on the plastic?

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
I thought Line X was like Rhino Lining, very rough. Is Line-X smooth? Does it last on the plastic?
It all depends on how you spray it. It can be sprayed very smooth (not as smooth as paint, but close), or you can texture it to make it VERY rough.

It has held up very well on Curt's machine. We have not used it long enough for me to comment on many different types of plastic, but I know it will NOT bond to HDPE. We are using HDPE as a booth shield/coating and it peels away from it like a wrapper from sliced cheese. It will not bond to HDPE even after the plastic has been sanded and scuffed to provide a texture.

Although they recommend using primer, this stuff bonds to bare metal like super glue.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Are the plastics on my ranger safe? I'm assuming so after seeing this RZR.

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
Yes the RZR has the same plastics as the Ranger.
I've had white line X on my RZR for about two years.
You can see mine if you click on my signature picture.

·
Registered
121 Posts
That has to be the best lookin RZR I ever saw! I'm green with envy :frog:
Dano

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK let me clarify only the fenders, lower side panels and front grill have Line X on them. Yes it seems to hold up very well and cleans easy. The body is the factory white and the center hood(s) and side intakes are all Hydro dipped white carbon fiber.. Thanks for all the compliments.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts