PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my 2010 rzr 800 at a ride and I cut it off for a minute, and I cut it back on and pressed the gas and it went dead. I tried cranking it and was firing but not starting. Went back the next morning and it cranked and acted like it was running on one cylinder ,but it was running. Took it back home and put new plugs in and still won’t start. So I checked the compression the front plug was 90 and the back was 120, checked the fuel pump and it was working, and I also checked the air filter and it was fine. Help would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Thats a pretty wide spread of compression. Others will certainly ask what pressure was the fuel at. These rigs seem to really like the pump working well

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
"So I checked the compression the front plug was 90 and the back was 120"

Andy,
On the compression check, did you have the engine warm, BOTH plugs out and the the throttle WIDE open during the test?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats a pretty wide spread of compression. Others will certainly ask what pressure was the fuel at. These rigs seem to really like the pump working well
Thanks I will get a fuel pressure gauche and definitely check that out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"So I checked the compression the front plug was 90 and the back was 120"

Andy,
On the compression check, did you have the engine warm, BOTH plugs out and the the throttle WIDE open during the test?
I did have both plugs out and it was plenty warm. I did check again a minute ago and till around the same pressure. Thanks for the help though..

·
Registered
5,735 Posts
WOT ??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts