PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked it up two weeks ago and have been a busy boy. Any recommendations for a front window that doesn't scratch. It came with a roof, poly front and back windows. One trip to deer camp and the front window is already scratched to death and back! Anyhow, here are a few pics. Installed dragon fire doors last night but haven't quite gotten them aligned properly yet.

finished 9.18.JPG

36" UWS toolbox was a perfect fit and easy to mount using lock and ride

uws toolbox.JPG

I mounted some MSA M26 dark tint vibe wheels on some 27" STI chicanes. I thought the dark tint was a good match with the Nara bronze and the tires sure ride alot better than what came on it.

msa with chicanes.JPG

Mounted some front and back LED cubes. Nothing fancy but they do the trick, especially the rear for lighting up the bed.
front lights.JPG rear lights.JPG

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I guess my timing was pretty good since I was able to purchase the Rockford Fosgate dash kit without having to wait for it. The kit makes for a super easy install.

rf radio.JPG jl audio.JPG

That is it for now. My wallet needs a break. Gonna work on aligning the dragonfire doors up tonight and hopefully wrap that up.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Nice ride and mods. I have seen actual glass windshields offered for these buggys, but never really looked any further into it, they were kind of pricey.
Did you use a relay for the lights? I have the same switches for my light bar and cubes, which I haven't installed yet. Just would like to not have to use relays on the switches with only two cubes wired to them. The switches I have state they are rated for 20 amps, but I don't know if that is realistic or not. I am planning on using a relay for the light bar though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks

I did use relays only because the cubes came with them in the wiring kit. It was pretty much plug and play with the exception of running hot and ground.

I could have probably done without the relay but since it was prewired, i used it. I think as long as the lights are not more than 5 amps you should be ok (maybe someone will chime in), especially since your switch is rated for 20

·
Registered
904 Posts
Glass front windshield is "more" scratch resistant than any of the poly units, but can be scratched with some effort.
I would love to recommend the glass tip out, it works great and I love it....except that i am on my 2nd one now and recently the glass popped out of the frame. Almost cost me another unit. @ $1200 a pop, it's not worth getting karate chopped in the esophagus by the treasury department

2016 Mid life crisis

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got the doors aligned finally. I ended up using a rubber grommet on the door hinge pins to make them sit up a bit. That and I had to basically pull up on the door to bend the hinges and force it to line up. Open and close like butter now

Attachments

·
Administrator
6,360 Posts
The regular poly or acrylic windshields will scratch (and yellow) very easily. The hard coated (MR10) are much more scratch resistant. Prices fall between uncoated and glass windshields.

Reactions: Battle_Born

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I figured the hard coat was the way to go without spending as much for the glass. I really should have had the dealer take off the front and rear poly when I purchased it and purchased the hard coat pieces afterwards. It will get me through this deer season. Lesson learned. Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
906 Posts
Nice looking rig.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks. I just spent about 15 minutes on the phone with Todd at Hunterworks and pulled the trigger on the duraclutch. Super nice and knowledgeable guy. Explained everything in detail. I don't think I would have ever gotten use to the jerkiness of taking off from a dead stop with this thing.

·
Registered
16 Posts
What speaker pods did you go with? I see that they are JL speakers. I was looking at the Rockford Stage 2 setup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts