PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just an observation from someone who has watched Nascar for a lot of years and I'm not a huge Nascar fan but just always enjoyed watching it so just a fan I guess. Then a couple years ago I noticed them offering deals on tickets and other incentives to get folks to attend the races and some races the grand stands seemed like a lot of folks were out getting beer...like the whole race. Now I'm watching Texas Motor Sppedway's race today. The stands are half empty. Like half empty. I think it must be the beginning of the end. The customer base has died off or is dieing off. The youth today wouldn't know Craftsman from Snap On but they would know Samsung from Motorola. Once the sponcers start folding its done.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I agree, it's the beginning of the end.. But here's my take. I was a fan for years, and even went to several races at TMS. By the time it was said and done, I'd spend in the neighborhood of 1K to live in a tent for the weekend. I had to take a good hard look at that... It was a huge party, and fun, but not 1K worth of fun. I could go to Cozumel diving for 5 days for what that weekend cost.

Bottom line, I think the best seat is in your living room, a couple steps away from the fridge and bathroom.

I rarely watch races these days, as I just don't have the time or want to to sit in front of the TV for 6hrs on a Sunday.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I spent many of dollars at the Bristol night races.... cheap seats for 150$ and so on but never again unless nascar treats the fans fairly.. anybody know what a good seat at Bristol is anymore??? would like to take my kids but I aint getn screwed again....and these races aint even close.... debris cautions all the time...

·
Registered
2,191 Posts
I think folks are tired of all the cars going in the same direction. Would be much more exciting if half the cars went the other way.:very_drunk:

·
PRC Sponsor
852 Posts
I think they lost who they were and evolved into something few care for. Now if they wen't back to a Dodge looking like a Dodge (ditto for all the other manufacturers) and make it simpler I'd be all over it.
I like to see Hellcats, Camaro's, Mustangs battling it out. Nascar has lost it's soul and charisma IMO.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think it was last year Charlotte speedway was offering tickets at $28. bucks a seat advertising during the race. I thought then they must be hurting not filling the stands.
Jim you can watch the Watkins Glen race to see them turn right once in a while.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts