PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a set of used Polaris brand tracks. They were mounted on a 2008 Ranger 700 Crew. I was told that the tracks themselves are supposed to be a 2014 or 2015 model year. I knew these would not fit my 2015 XP 900 with EPS but, I figured a different hardware kit would be available. I didn't know what I didn't know. These tracks do not have any serial number or model number on them. I took them to 2 different Polaris dealers and was told that without serial number or model number, they could not determine if a hardware kits is available to fit them to my machine or not. I also need the serial or model number to get a couple of replacement wheels because a couple of them have flat spots from not spinning freely.

Can anyone help me figure out what I have here?? I would be grateful for any help.....

20181114_103457.jpg 20181114_103504.jpg 20181114_103606.jpg 20181114_103613.jpg

·
Registered
703 Posts
They should have no problem getting replacement wheels, those tracks used the same idlers for years. Those are Polaris prospector pro tracks made by Soucy. I don't know if you can get a mounting kit for those since somewhere in there Polaris tracks switched to Camso tracks. Does your ranger have the 3/8" studs or the 12mm studs? If its the 3/8 the tracks will bolt up and you can make your own mounting kit, I've done this already moving tracks from one series to the next. I actually have some misc parts and pieces left over from different mount kits you could have if you wanted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
These are the same tracks I have on my Polaris Ranger 900 XP EPS... I have a post on trying to find the manuals for them... they are the Prospector Pro SR and are made by Soucy of Quebec, but do you think I can get any dealer or even Soucy to respond... other than "no they don't have any manuals" and as you can see they have the Polaris insignia on them.... If you happen to have the manuals on them for adjusting and installation, I would be more than happy to pay you for a copy of them....
If you have any luck, please let me know :)
Jon ( W0JON)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the replies Jon..... I have never seen a manual for them. I found a friend of a friend who works for Polaris in some capacity who knew what these were. I was told basically the same thing you
said.... they are Prospector Pro and were made for 2010 - 2014 Ranger 900. I advertised them as such and sold them to a guy with a 2010 Ranger. They mounted up fine to his machine and he is happy with them. Again, thanks for your replies.

I would withdraw or cancel this thread if I knew how....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts