PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2019 Polaris XP 1000 Crew with a Polaris Windshield and one of Marty's (WhoMoto) awesome custom roofs. Here is the problem, I cannot find a Windshield wiper kit for my Ranger. The Polaris kit requires the use of their roof. The 2018 Polaris kit does not require the Polaris roof but I am not sure it will work on a 2019.

Recommendations?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I have a 2019 Polaris XP 1000 Crew with a Polaris Windshield and one of Marty's (WhoMoto) awesome custom roofs. Here is the problem, I cannot find a Windshield wiper kit for my Ranger. The Polaris kit requires the use of their roof. The 2018 Polaris kit does not require the Polaris roof but I am not sure it will work on a 2019.

Recommendations?
Motoalliance makes a windshield wiper kit, as for it working with Marty’s roof I can’t be for sure. Maybe Marty or motoalliance could answer his.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Motoalliance makes a windshield wiper kit, as for it working with Marty’s roof I can’t be for sure. Maybe Marty or motoalliance could answer his.

Just looked at the Motoalliance wiper and it will not work, it is over the drivers side and the hole for the Polaris windshield is in the middle. Mounting the Motoalliance wiper in the middle will not help the driver as it is only 12".

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
Just looked at the Motoalliance wiper and it will not work, it is over the drivers side and the hole for the Polaris windshield is in the middle. Mounting the Motoalliance wiper in the middle will not help the driver as it is only 12".
Ahh ok sorry about that.

·
Registered
675 Posts
I looked at the motoalliance wiper, it looks like a standard wiper arm, maybe you could put on a longer arm and blade and make it work. I am interested in that too if it might work with the Polaris glass windshield mounted in the center.

·
Registered
675 Posts
One of the answered questions on amazon says you can put a longer arm on it. It seems like it might work, much cheaper than the Polaris one.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Probably won't work since it is only 90 degree sweep.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I think the only reason it requires the Polaris roof is because of the pulse wiring block, it’s mounted in the Polaris roof. If you extend your wires down to the pulse under the hood I see no reason it wouldn’t work. I have the Polaris wiper on my 2018 1000xp, non crew.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks like I am going with this kit #2882754. Now I need to find the best price and fast shipping. I will have to customize the install as I do not have the polaris roof.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Has anyone by chance tried to install one of these on the OEM glass windshield? I contacted Seizmik, but they were not aware of the OEM windshield with the plastic insert for the wiper mount and would not say whether or not it would work.

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Has anyone by chance tried to install one of these on the OEM glass windshield? I contacted Seizmik, but they were not aware of the OEM windshield with the plastic insert for the wiper mount and would not say whether or not it would work.

Mossy700, did you ever install this kit? If so how did it go?

·
Registered
675 Posts
I haven't done anything yet. The problem with most of the aftermarket stuff is the sweep is only 90 degrees or so. A center mounted wiper needs to sweep about 270. I found where someone had used a wiper motor from a 2005 Ford Escape. Did the whole thing cheap. You still got to get wiring up there and a switch, but looks like it might work. I just haven't had time to mess with it. I work all the time, haven't even been on the forum much this summer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The Roof isn't a factor with the wiper unless your going to also install the pulsebar kit as well... Which I don't on new machines we sell as it's an ugly untidy set up in my opinion.

Just buy the proper motor unit from Polaris (you can use the older XP900 unit too, but the switches don't match the dash items, and they aren't back lit either... But if that's not an issue to you and you can get one cheap then it fits too)

Cut the pulse plug off, extend the wires and put the pulse plug back on and run the wires down the inside of the roof piller tube and plug it in under the bonnet. It's how I do them all now.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts