PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 prong busbar for accessories - middle is keyed hot - other 2 are nothing - how can I hook up a sound bar to this fit power? The sound bar I bought came with a wiring harness with 2 hookups

·
Registered
381 Posts
You do not have to use all 3 wires, ones ground, ones keyed hot, other one is always hot, you can get the pigtail for busbar off line for real inexpensive,
I put my sound bar on a rocker switch to turn it on and off.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
I believe the keyed hot is rated at 20A. The otehr two have no wires at all and are there so you can supply power from the batter with cables of your own or some that Polaris manufactures. One terminal is supposed to be attached to the battery negative, the other to the battery positive. You can then use those terminals to add additional wires for accessories that you don't want keyed hot or that draw greater than 20A.
One of the Forum Administrators wrote a very good article about adding a fuse box:
Adding a Fuse Box
It's well worth the time to read it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You do not have to use all 3 wires, ones ground, ones keyed hot, other one is always hot, you can get the pigtail for busbar off line for real inexpensive,
I put my sound bar on a rocker switch to turn it on and off.
Where can I find the pigtail?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Ok, u lost me there, I know what u talking about now, the middle one has a keyed hot wire to it, and it's 20 amp. The other 2 has no wire to them so they dead, U can hook the positive sound bar to center keyed hot and ground other wire to frame, will work fine, most soundboard don't exceed 20 amps so u should be fine. Sorry for the misunderstanding

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, u lost me there, I know what u talking about now, the middle one has a keyed hot wire to it, and it's 20 amp. The other 2 has no wire to them so they dead, U can hook the positive sound bar to center keyed hot and ground other wire to frame, will work fine, most soundboard don't exceed 20 amps so u should be fine. Sorry for the misunderstanding
Thanks bud. Appreciate ya

1 - 8 of 8 Posts