PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to find the best deal on a shift cable. Has anyone had a good experience buying one of these?

Also I need help getting one put in. I had to cut the old one to get it out. I read another thread where a guy was having the same problem. Apparently there was a wire tie in the way, but I don't see where to look for that? The area I got stuck trying to remove mine was in the front between where it comes out of the front of the dash area and then back down toward the driveshaft hump(where it is going vertical).

Any help would be appreciated.

BTW, don't try kicking yours to get it to shift. Mine luckily broke, and not my shift handle or something worse.

·
Registered
46 Posts
The cable is about $100 and is a pita I eventually paid a buddy to do it for as I got very frustrated with it. It's a common problem so it's a easy part to find just do a little searching. Hope this helps

·
Registered
22,344 Posts
Try one of our sponsoring dealers, like Ball Equipment / Fix My Toys.

As far as installation, I can't offer much advice specific to the 900 Ranger. I have installed them on my '06 XP and on my '12 RZR4XP, and neither was TOO bad of a job. Just had to remove the floor pans to access a couple of zip ties and to help fish the new one into position.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.