PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are they worth it? I dont want to loose ground clearence but the superatv model looks like it rides higher. Does anyone have suggestions?

·
Administrator
7,005 Posts
Are they worth it? I dont want to loose ground clearence but the superatv model looks like it rides higher. Does anyone have suggestions?
IMO, the polaris brand nerf bars are not worth the money, and they do decrease your ground clearance.
I would put the money toward a Trail Armor full skid plate, it sticks out about a inch on both sides (like a nerf bar without any loss of ground clearance, and full and better protection for the bottom). But they are pricey.

Do not have any experience with the SuperATV nerf bars.

·
Premium Member
6,358 Posts
I agree with Greg - the Trail Armor skids are really a "twofer." Although they are expensive (~$835 before discounts for the 900), they have the advantage of extending out beyond the sides (unobtrusively) so you don't have to shell out another couple hundred bucks for a set of separate nerfs. Plus they are virtually indestructible! Seems like a lot of money, but how much would you spend for a new tranny, differential, or even an engine? Those things are bulletproof, literally! I have them on my 800 Rngr and my RZR - I wouldn't leave home without them!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hello everyone. Seeing how there's a discussion about nerd bars and skid plates I'm in the market for a skid plate. I was looking at the ricochet 10 piece skid. It is metal and looks to wrap up the sides. Also has A arm guards. For some extra coin you can get plastic over it. Any ideas or suggestions? Than you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.