PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my new XP 900 had glass put on back and front tip out, and the sport roof. The glass is really nice looking, my question is, in the closed position is the handle for the glass supposed to cam lock down? In the vented position it locks nice, but closed it doesn't seem right. Looking for some feedback, did read other posts, just looking for clarification on the handle position. It flops around and doesn't seem right.
Thanks in advance

·
Registered
55 Posts
They don't lock down. You would think they would be never seen one that does. When I bought my 2015 Northstar Edition the daeler did recommend it.

·
Super Moderator
6,888 Posts
Just picked up my new XP 900 had glass put on back and front tip out, and the sport roof. The glass is really nice looking, my question is, in the closed position is the handle for the glass supposed to cam lock down? In the vented position it locks nice, but closed it doesn't seem right. Looking for some feedback, did read other posts, just looking for clarification on the handle position. It flops around and doesn't seem right.
Thanks in advance
The early version of the tip out did not have a rubber grommet in the closed position hole ( the handle was not molded for one), I am assuming that yours does?
The handle should be down, if it's flopping around you may need to adjust the latching post. You would need to remove the four dart pins in the dash cap, remove dash cap (pull back and up) this will expose the center post attaching bolts.

WARNING- Always use handle to open and close windshield, NEVER pull/push from the sides, or you will be replacing the windshield, it will crack.

·
Registered
7,069 Posts
The hold down latch for the windshield for a nice of a set up this is for our Rangers, it is rather lame. A buddy just bought a 2015 and it is not much different than my 2013. It doesn't hold in the closed position either. You would have thought this issue would have been figured out and corrected by now. For me no matter of adjustment has corrected the problem on my 2013 900. Fortunately the lift cylinders apply a lot of pressure on the down cycle and the windshield stays well closed. During transport I use a bungee cord and secured the latch to my transmission shift lever. And yes, mine does have rubber grommet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you, Yes it does have molded grommet, handle wants to be up against glass when closed. I will get the post a little higher. Thanks Greg

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ken, Sounds just like mine. If the post is shimmed up higher it seems like the handle will hit it. The handle just clears at the height it is now.
Dean

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay got it adjusted and works better now. Just wanted to show a few pictures for anyone interested, the set up has changed a bit the stud can be screwed up higher and the hole size is larger giving more adjustment. Overall a little better, but in my opinion the pin should float, the pin is straight up and the catch travels on an arc from the hinge points. Kinda hard to catch the stud that way.
IMG_2063.JPG IMG_2065.JPG IMG_2066.JPG

·
Super Moderator
6,888 Posts
Thanks for posting the pics, looks like something else I need to order.

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
looks like something that cam be accomplished with a couple of washers and or a bolt that is a 1/2" longer?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I need to order one of those as well.

I have an iPad mount that suction cups to the windshield. I put it where it kind of rests on the dash so it isnt flopping. I wonder if that is too much for this windshield.

When I am running fast through rough terrain the windshield has a little side to side movement. I was assuming this was normal, is it?

·
Super Moderator
6,888 Posts
I need to order one of those as well.

When I am running fast through rough terrain the windshield has a little side to side movement. I was assuming this was normal, is it?
The windshield will move some dependent on the twisting of the rollcage going over rough terrain.

What are you needing to order?

·
Registered
749 Posts
I put just a small piece of Velcro on handle and dash just where handle touches dash and it holds just enough not to lift up.

·
Registered
123 Posts
what you wanna do is adjust it tight where it will barely even latch when you close it all the way then just put a dab of mineral oil in the grommet and then it will close tight and latch easily too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
also ive had 2 sets of the lift cylinders go out on mine has anyone else had any trouble out of theirs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
I tied my down with velcro as well. I made a insert in the dash where the radio would go, to mount my Garmin. The Garmin mounts to the insert with Velcro. This was all done to avoid drilling the dash. I used a piece of velcro to hold down the windshield latch to the insert.

I installed the windshield myself and had to move the holes in the stud mounting plate by elongating them because the stud was not centered. I have no idea why. This is actually my 2nd lock & ride windshield. I had the hard poly first, and the weld broke on the lift arm. When they credited it under warranty, I upgraded to the glass to avoid scratches.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts