PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the plan was to put the 2018 RZR 1000 Dynamix Turbo in my garage. Life got in the way. Old mower gave up the the ghost and had to be replaced. Fought with myself over what was going to get the 'parking place.' Ride the RZR once a month or so, or ride a mower once a week? Common sense told me (common sense seldom wins in my greedy mind!) to get the mower so I put in my order. Guess the '13 RZR will have to do for a couple more years... $10K

Exmark Lazer Z, E series 60"

EXMARK LAZ Z -E.jpg

Maybe if I get a lift kit and some RZR decals, no one will notice...

·
Super Moderator
6,915 Posts
Nice Ride!

I would like to have a new one, but my 2006 Lazer Z has been flawless.

Reactions: fswan

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, wish I would have gone with the Lazer to begin with. Have the Quest SP (2010 - commercial version of the Quest) but the hydros just couldn't take it. The Lazer hydros are MUCH more stout. Really didn't want a 60", would have prefered a 52" because of storage constraints, but couldn't get the new suspension seat frame and suspension seat with the 52". My bladder just can't take the rough ride of the stock seat anymore (hence, that's why I was looking at the Dynamix). Will be nice to go from 8 mph to 10 mph and less passes!

·
Banned
3,097 Posts
Yeah, my neighbor has one of those and loves buzzing me on my Deere like he does my 500 with his 800. Cut his mowing time in half. Expensive, but will last. My Deere will last also, but like comparing a Ranger to a RZR...

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Very nice mower. I like the looks of that seat. I bought a 61" Ferris a couple of years ago, about 3 times faster than my old John Deere. I have a lot of rough terrain to mow and the Ferris suspension helps a lot. If I ever get another one it will be a 72" deck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Nice machine. I have the Deere version just because I bleed green. They make mowing so much more enjoyable and time saving.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Will these ZT mowers work on anything but dead flat grass?
Never driven one, but mostly because my theory is they could not possible work on the terrain I would need them too. I drive my rider up stuff that makes it do wheelies if the bags are full.
They typically have a lower center of gravity than a normal garden tractor. If you can ride a garden tractor up it, you can ride a zero turn although for really steep hills, a walk behind with a velke is the way to go.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Agreed on the steep hills. I rolled a Kubota Diesel Zero turn that we have going up a steep ditch. Even though there center of gravity is low, 80% of all the weight is on the rear wheels for traction.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Mines from the parent company and it's a Toro Z master with a 72in cut. I was kind of in the same storage problem as you Forde, have a big enough shed just had built a nice little door for the old 212 Deere, 72in deck doesn't fit a 60in door but I did cut my mowing time by 70%, well worth the trade off. You could get one of those pull behind decks for the RZR:eek:nthego:

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Who's spending the kids inheritance Now ?? lol.
Very nice Forde.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I like your new ride Fswan !!.
I live in Texas so grass mowing is a way of life spring summer and fall, I been pouring more concrete around my place and with a 48" deck on the John Deere I have cut my mowing time down from a 2 hr job to just about an hour, if I had a nickel for every hour spent on a mower , and Houston-San Antonio & Austin traffic I would be comfortable by now. ...........Rambling on finished now............

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Will these ZT mowers work on anything but dead flat grass?
Never driven one, but mostly because my theory is they could not possible work on the terrain I would need them too. I drive my rider up stuff that makes it do wheelies if the bags are full.
Like the Ranger, the book says no than than 15° off camber. With my old ZT, I could handle much more than that though I did roll it once. If the hill is really steep, straight up and straight down is the safest bet, but I found that if I build up a head of steam and keep it, and manipulate the handles just right, I could do 30-40° OK. 8 year learning curve! I've seen the county guys do 50+° - no clue how they get them to stick!

Reactions: teshreve

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Wow, amazing.
I'll try one out.

My "old" Deere x324 has been lusting after an x700 series. Like the x739. 4 wheel steer isn't as nimble as ZT but with a 52' deck it leaves like a 8" uncut circle.
Plus wheelies :D
the ZT's do great wheelies too, lol. Full speed in reverse and then throw the handles forward. I rode the Kubota Diesel with a 72" deck on a wheelie for about 10 yards. Kinda scared the crap out of me to be totally honest.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
The one reason I got the Z-Master besides from mowing fast, we only got about 5acres, is it's simplicity and ease of repair. Besides the usual seat frame and 4 tires, it's deck is driven by one belt and the driveline is one hydraulic pump and 2 hydraulic motors controlled by 2 variable flow valves, easy to repair or replace not so much for a lot of companies that have gone hydrostat, got to go back to the dealer for those repairs at least for me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts