PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Brought home a 570 crew eps Saturday. Let it warm up, hopped in, made sure to put on seatbelt. And started cruising around. I hit a paved road and decided to get on it a little. It would get up to 30mph ok but 30+ was a struggle. It literally took about a 60 seconds to get from 30-40. The most I got it to on flat pavement was 45. I test drove a 570 fullsize (not a crew) and it seems to have way more power. Is something wrong with this machine? Or is the 4 hp difference that much of a change? Seems like everyone else says they have plenty of power. It will spin the wheels and get going ok but it seems way underpowered with just me in the vehicle. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Registered
204 Posts
not 100% sure on the crew, but something seems off. my 570 would do 52ish stock and got there pretty quick. the 4hp aint enough to notice. but as I don't own a crew, cant be sure. either got something goin on, or the computers tuned different than a single seater. I wouldn't think so, but who knows.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There's no way mine would go 52. It hits the rev limiter almost instantly when punching it and then accelerates ok from 0-25 or 30 then just barely creeps up in mph. On loose dirt it throw dirt pretty well from a stop, just wondering if with such a low gear ratio of that's all the machine has. Makes me wish I got the 900

·
Registered
209 Posts
There's gotta be an issue somewhere. My 570 crew pulls strong from 0-40ish and then from 40 or so on it somewhat gradually climbs until right at 45. Even from 40-45 isn't sluggish enough for me to be concerned. And it may go faster than 45, that's just as far as I've pushed it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked all fluids, coolamt was a little under in the Low but that wouldn't matter, I did find a working harness disconnected under the rear seat by the ecm. I'm guessing everything should be connected? And the dealer just forgot? It plugs in right there but it's just laying loose. And ya I drove again today abd it pulls ok 0-30 then 30-40 was way less power and it would barely climb over 40. Really bummed about this. It feels way underpowered for anything I want to do with it. I'm scared to add the lift and 30" tires now. Guess it's gonna go back to the dealer and see what they can find out

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
I tried out the 570 (because it was there)...I remember putting the peddle to the floor...and my son said 'get on it'...and I was. I'm not sure but I think the 570 is a single ?

·
Registered
973 Posts
I checked all fluids, coolamt was a little under in the Low but that wouldn't matter, I did find a working harness disconnected under the rear seat by the ecm. I'm guessing everything should be connected? And the dealer just forgot? It plugs in right there but it's just laying loose. And ya I drove again today abd it pulls ok 0-30 then 30-40 was way less power and it would barely climb over 40. Really bummed about this. It feels way underpowered for anything I want to do with it. I'm scared to add the lift and 30" tires now. Guess it's gonna go back to the dealer and see what they can find out
Were you able to test drive one at the dealer before purchasing one? Reason for asking, why or is this one running different than what you experienced or is it normal? I'm with battledonkey above, no issues with mine and very similar to what he describes.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I test drove a fullsize 570, just not the crew. It seemed to get going a lot faster, but I just remember thinking ya that's plenty of power for what I need it for and now with the crew, if what it has is normal, it's def not what I was looking for. Thanks for all your help guys

·
Registered
616 Posts
I just brought my 2015 mid-size Crew 570 EPS home this weekend. I was wanting to break it in slowly, but did get on it one time and mine will jump to 40 and then up to 50 in just seconds. I didn't want to go beyond that, but I had more throttle to give it. Lots of power.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I would take this machine back and have it checked for a problem with the ECM. If the harness was unplugged, I bet it was not running right. I had an ECM fail on my 2010 xp800 while riding and and it only affected one cylinders firing. It went into limp mode and got me home, but it lost alot of power. Once the ECM was replaced "and digital wrenched" it worked great again.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Try a new spark plug. Sometimes they have a problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.