PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve got everything wired up and nothing works. Initially everything worked both the switch and the remote and at one point I noticed a green light on the receiver. Now, no solenoid click and a steady red light on the remote receiver. Fuse is good and if I bypass the remote box and harness the solenoid will click. I still in the install process and haven’t run the winch yet.
Any ideas?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
6,841 Posts
Polaris had trouble with the remote boxes.

What is the part number of the winch that you purchased, and where did you purchase it.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
I have a problem like that which I solve by holding both buttons on the remote down for 5 seconds with the itnition turned on, don't need to to have the engine running.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Polaris had trouble with the remote boxes.

What is the part number of the winch that you purchased, and where did you purchase it.
It’s not a Polaris brand winch. It’s a Viper Elite SE 6000. I got it new from Amazon this week. Not sure of a part number.
I suspect I may have posted this in the wrong forum.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have a problem like that which I solve by holding both buttons on the remote down for 5 seconds with the itnition turned on, don't need to to have the engine running.
I tried that. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
6,841 Posts
It’s not a Polaris brand winch. It’s a Viper Elite SE 6000. I got it new from Amazon this week. Not sure of a part number.
I suspect I may have posted this in the wrong forum.

My Apologies, I got ahead of myself.
When I saw the 6000/remote box, I immediately went Polaris.
Polaris discontinued one of their winches due to a Remote box failure.
Then reintroduced it with better components and a few changes.

·
Super Moderator
6,841 Posts
Give MotoAlliance a call on Monday, they will take care of you.

Reactions: tizzy

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I emailed MA and Missy promptly sent out an email with the programming instructions and had me going in no time. ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts