PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have just bought my first ranger, a 900 xp and right now I have 14 miles on it. Is it normal to have a little slack in it when you first give it the gas and when you put it in reverse. It seems that you have to give it a little more gas before it starts to move than I thought it should. Also when I put it in reverse, I have to do the same thing but it has a little of a clunk before it starts to move. Is this normal on a new machine and will it smooth out the more I drive it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine is about 8 mnths old and done the same thing your talking about..It now has about 2000 miles on it and seems to have maybe smoothed out some

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Normal........

·
Registered
533 Posts
It's normal, The way the clutches work is with centrifugal forces to close on the belt.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome to the Ranger world..totally normal! There are also a few other things that will make you a little curious, but are perfectly normal...just the nature of the beast

·
Registered
3,035 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I tried fixing it with the EPI kit but that failed. Only thing it done was raise the engagement rpm and make it more abrupt. Maybe someone will clone the infamous Duraclutch for a lot less $$$.

·
Registered
2,680 Posts
Working seven days a week here....with snow deeper then a yeti's ass in January.....I've been collecting my 'upgrades' to install come spring...Duraclutch, winch, lift, still haven't decided on the wheel/tire choice...spring is coming.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The Duraclutch cures a lot of ills with old OEM Clutch which is ok until it comes to mountain trails and other extremes. I love the engine braking and seamless clutch engagement. So smooth :fat:
So true. Very nice, high, but so far worth every penny. Sucks Polaris won't use a good clutch from the get go. If you ever take off you secondary clutch you will see just how cheep they really are.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.