PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, newbie here. I just traded my 2012 800 XP in on a 2015 900 XP Black Pearl. Funny how things work took the just paid off 800 in for service and left with a new payment. I love it so far. Picked up a sport roof, tip out windshield, back glass, and a new set of wheels and tires before I left the dealer. Since then I have went overboard online and bought Glacier Pro Plow set up, Polaris HD 600lb winch, Polaris cab heater, Polaris soft doors, Infinity stereo that fits the dash, the dash and speaker pods, Polaris front brush guard, Polaris rear bumper, some LED lights, and switches from OTRATTW. Now I'm trying to be patient and wait for the parts to get here. I'm sure I will have lots of questions once the brown trucks start to arrive but my first is with this many accessories I thought I should add a fuse block. But do you think I need a second battery or will the stock one keep up?

·
Premium Member
6,359 Posts
Welcome to PRC! I'd try it with just one to start with. Depending on which LEDs you ordered, the rest of it isn't that heavy of a load. The fuse block is a good idea.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm kind of in the same boat. New '15 Crew 900 Camo. We've got the doors, roof, and windshields ordered, and now I'm thinking about heat. I want a heater that can be easily removed in the spring, and have found an electric unit made for RV's. It's made to mount under the hood like the Polaris unit, but I think I'd mount it in the cab on one of the overhead rollcage bars. The issue is amperage. This particular heater draws 40 amps. Anyone know what the output of the 900 Crew's stator is? No stereos or lightbars, just stock headlights for now. Will the charging system handle the 40 amp draw of the heater, run the factory headlights, and still charge the battery, or do I need to look into a second battery set up?

·
Registered
389 Posts
You will be disappointed with an electric heater. The black pearl sounds like an awesome build put up some photos along the way.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You will be disappointed with an electric heater. The black pearl sounds like an awesome build put up some photos along the way.
I will try Tim if I can figure it out. Tried to put a photo from my Ipad on when I posted but wouldn't up load.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are a few picks before I get started. The heater, doors, light bars, and most of the stereo are here. Going to try to get most of it installed this weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts