PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had to post tonight. Just pulled it home from the stealer. I'll post details later tonight or in the morning.

Doyle

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, plans are to do a lift, forward A arms, snorkels, and some 28s that wear well (I'm sure my wife is gonna be running the kids to their friends houses around the corner so decent pavement manners are needed) but will pull reasonably well in the mud. Yes, I realize the tires I just described are the unicorn most of us have been chasing for years. The Pitbull Rockers look pretty decent but I don't know diddly about them. Maybe the Outlaw Radial. It will also have an LED light bar on it.

Either way, once it's done it will be my Beer Buggy for the mud parks. It's probably gonna be after Christmas before I dive into it and I can't wait. I've only ripped round the neighborhood and the yard with it so far but man it makes my wifes Sportsman 500 seem like a turd. I'm impressed and super happy I didn't bite the bullet and go buy a full size for fear of lack of power. Both kids and the wife drove it tonight and love it too.

Has anybody taken these things deep? I don't want to submarine it but I don't want to be terrified of accidentally hitting a deep spot either. If you got deep pics post them up!

All input welcome and I'm excited to join,

Doyle

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I'd suggest outlaw radials. I ran the 28s on pavement majority the time when I wasn't at the parks mudding and they wore like iron and pulled like a mule in the mud
That's the tire I'd suggest

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Welcome to PRC, Doyle. Congratulations on the new Crew.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jayce and Paul!

Does anyone know of a good cheap storage bag that suspends between the cage bars under the roof for putting phones/smokes/other things you want to be as far away from moisture and the elements as possible?

Also, anyone mounted a pistol pouch up there? I'm no Billy Badass but sometimes we ride a creek pretty far out there and it'd be nice to be able to run off any snakes or other potential dangers if need be.

Thanks in advance guys!

Doyle

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I've been searching for the same type bag with no luck. For pistol I keep my paddle holster screwed to my snorkel support just behind my head. I never ride with my gun so don't feel weird about it

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've been searching for the same type bag with no luck. For pistol I keep my paddle holster screwed to my snorkel support just behind my head. I never ride with my gun so don't feel weird about it
10 4. Thanks. Jayce your ride looks like it was built to go through whatever you point it at. No pics of deep water crossings?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Nah we don't normally bring a camera. It's purpose built for sure, nothing else lol. It's been about 7" from top of roof in water thougg. That's my favorite thing to do is water ride.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts