PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi thanks for having me. Long story short. Sons friend rolled my 2018 Polaris ranger northstar crew 1000 xp. Happened on may 1 2021. Dealership got it on may 2. Got paid $13800 from insurance for damages on may 19. Machine not totaled. It’s sept 28 and it’s still not fixed. They are waiting on one part. 1022356-458(sad I know it by heart). Polaris has mailed the wrong part 2 times in the last week. Part was on back order until recently. It’s getting crazy I have a detailed journal on who has said what and what has been said from Polaris. I have a claim with the dealership and a claim with Polaris. I’m trying to stay sane cause I know it’s corona time but jeez Louise! I got my part in the mail today and ran it to the dealership only to be told nope it don’t fit. I called Polaris only to be told they’d call me back. Anyone with any ideas let me know!
Parallel Font Machine Auto part Engineering
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,152 Posts
Reactions: williampesek

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
What number is it on the schematic? Does a 2017 have the same part number? Wondering if there is a screwup on part numbers because the 18 is the old body style.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What number is it on the schematic? Does a 2017 have the same part number? Wondering if there is a screwup on part numbers because the 18 is the old body style.
I just found one from 2016 that looks like it will fit. It’s Polaris part number 1019521-458

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
Ya...something is not right if you recieved 4 different parts with the same # and they didn't fit. Gotta be a different part # from the old body style.

Reactions: jimh406

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,152 Posts
I’m pretty sure 2017 was the first Midsize 570 with the Pro-fit cage.

·
Administrator
6,967 Posts
1022356-458 is the correct part#.

What else has been changed on the cab frame?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1022356-458 is the correct part#.

What else has been changed on the cab frame?
Just got an email from big Polaris. Apparently that is not the correct part. The schematic is wrong. It’s the one I ordered a few days ago from a 2016.

·
Administrator
6,967 Posts
Just got an email from big Polaris. Apparently that is not the correct part. The schematic is wrong. It’s the one I ordered a few days ago from a 2016.
Polaris does have a lot of mistakes in their schematics.

What is different between the 2 parts?

And that does seem strange, since the part for the 16 that you purchased, was only used from 14’ to 16’.

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,152 Posts
Polaris does have a lot of mistakes in their schematics.

What is different between the 2 parts?

And that does seem strange, since the part for the 16 that you purchased, was only used from 14’ to 16’.
My guess …

In 16, it had the round cage. In 17 and on, the Profit. Round doesn’t go into a nonround hole. Again, working from memory.

·
Administrator
6,967 Posts
My guess …

In 16, it had the round cage. In 17 and on, the Profit. Round doesn’t go into a nonround hole. Again, working from memory.
Profit was started in 2013 on the XP units.
And has been used on various models since.

·
Registered
‘17 Ranger 570 Midsize
1,152 Posts
Profit was started in 2013 on the XP units.
And has been used on various models since.
Oops, I must have got two threads intermingled in my head. He clearly said had a XP.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts