PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Traded in my 2015 ranger crew 900 that I put 5000 miles on, for a 2019 highlifter crew 1000. So far I am loving the upgrade!!! I put a duraclutch on my 900, but so far the clutch on the 1000 seems to be a vast improvement over the stock 900. Almost everything about this ranger seems to improved. I am nitpicking, but I liked the storage compartments under the 900 seats better. Only time will tell for sure, but so far I am loving it!

Attachments

·
Registered
754 Posts

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
Sharp looking ride.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the compliments on the highlifter. I am liking it more and more every day!

My old 900 crew
My wheel bearing messed up the first couple months I had it. I broke the 2 rear axles( has lift and 30” tires so this was expected), rack and pinion boot ripped on both sides causing it to wear out, and most importantly it started using oil last few months I had it. I worked this machine fairly hard and drove it everyday doing ranch work. I changed motor oil,gear case oil,
and demand drive fluids regularly as well as air filter and greased suspension. I put a dura clutch in it pretty soon after purchased and never had to change the belt. The highlanders clutch seems like a big step forward from the stock 900.

·
Registered
7 Posts
So now that you have owned it for some time so you still like it? I am torn between a High Lifter and a Back Country. I would change the tires out on the high lifter as I do not need a mud machine but like the upgrades of the High Lifter over a regular Ranger. How is the ride? My dealer said he feels like the High Lifter doesn't ride as well as a Back Country or a regular Ranger Crew.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
7 Participants
trider
PRC Polaris Ranger Club
PRCforum is the best Polaris forum community to discuss RZR 1000, Crew 900, PRC Ranger Club, XP 900, RZR XP 4 900, RZR 570, HD, 170, RZR-S, XP 900, RZR XP 4 900, ORV, side by side, SSW and off-road information.
Full Forum Listing