PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a ranger xp and after 14 hours i have alot of trans whinning. what the hek this is really anoying what are my options the dealer just told me its normal. i wouldnt have spent 12,000 on this machine had i known about it.

·
Registered
22,957 Posts
That's sounds like the clutch/v belt assembly and some whining noise is normal, especially at higher speeds. Either mine quieted down after the 25 mile service or I got used to it.

·
Registered
15,399 Posts
I think mine did quite down some after a few hours. I also switched over to Lucas Sure-Shift Semi-Synthetic transmission fluid which seemed to help alot.

Brian

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
Did it just start or has it been doing it all along? You could have the dealer check the motor mounts to make sure one of them didn't break and cause a misaligned belt/pulley assembly. If it has been going on since new, I wouldn't worry as much about it. Check your fluid level to be on the safe side though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes the dealer checked he told me that they have had lots of complaints about the engine whine and he added more fluid through the the air bleed to over fill the trans also they replaced the belt the original was already slipping but just 6 hours after the new belt and supposedly a better clutch it is slipping again.

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
The belt should NOT be slipping at 6 hours. You really need to check your motor mounts.

·
Registered
22,957 Posts
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Originally posted by razorman

I know how you feel. If I had only known how much my kids were going to whine, I would have left them at the hospital.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

LOL [:D][:D][:D][:D]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts