PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, I’m new here and new to side by side ownership. We just purchased a 2020 ranger crew xp 1000 premium and so far I love it! Now my conundrum. My wife is only 5’2” and while sitting in the passenger seat, her feet don’t touch the floor and she complains about her feet and legs falling asleep. Is there any kind of something that’s available as a small step or foot rest that I can add for her or am I going to have to build something? Also, any other accessories anyone suggests for comforts? I have a roof and windshield and that’s about it so far. Thanks

·
Registered
280 Posts
I don’t know if you have it, but my 570 mid has a shelf. My 5’2” wife puts her feet on it.

Otherwise, I guess you’ll have to build something. Btw, my wife puts foam behind her when driving because my driver’s seat isn’t adjustable. She wanted to learn to snow plow just in case.

I put pipe insulation on the bars on the side. Seems to help if you bump into it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don’t know if you have it, but my 570 mid has a shelf. My 5’2” wife puts her feet on it.

Otherwise, I guess you’ll have to build something. Btw, my wife puts foam behind her when driving because my driver’s seat isn’t adjustable. She wanted to learn to snow plow just in case.

I put pipe insulation on the bars on the side. Seems to help if you bump into it.
No lower shelf on the newer ones for her to put her feet on. But that pipe insulation idea is a good one. Thanks

·
Registered
278 Posts
I would get a rear panel to help with dust. Glass or the poly are good options. Maybe a winch depending on where y’all ride. Be sure to reach out to @Toxic-21 for Polaris parts and accessories. He is extremely knowledgeable and a genuinely good guy.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would get a rear panel to help with dust. Glass or the poly are good options. Maybe a winch depending on where y’all ride. Be sure to reach out to @Toxic-21 for Polaris parts and accessories. He is extremely knowledgeable and a genuinely good guy.
I am on the fence about the rear panel, I was worried with a windshield and roof that the rear panel would create a swirl effect on the cabin and make it more dusty. I’m probably wrong on that but that was my thought process. And yeah, a winch is one of the first things I’m putting on. We bought the ranger for working around our property but also I plan on trail riding with it a lot too. I’ll keep him in mind for when I need parts/accessories for it. Thanks for your reply.

·
Registered
2020 Ranger Northstar Crew Ultimate
53 Posts
My first wife hated going for a rzr ride. I divorced her. Not because of that but good she is gone.
Good she wants to go with you. Get her a plastic step stool to put her feet on.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My first wife hated going for a rzr ride. I divorced her. Not because of that but good she is gone.
Good she wants to go with you. Get her a plastic step stool to put her feet on.
That’s what I was thinking but also wanted it to be a little more permanent but removable. I’ve been playing with some ideas but not sure yet what I’m going to do. I’ll update when I figure something out.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
A wooden box is cheap fix for dangling feet. As far a recommended additions, winch, skid plate, rock sliders, some more storage..... These things can be money pits when you start "customizing" them. I added an OS bar to my midsize 500, its a grab bar for the passenger, comes standard on RZRs. My wife loves it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got some old wrestling mat cut out the shape of the floor. Attached it to same shape of 3/8th in. plywood and sprayed it with Flex Seal. Also made a half version for the drivers side. Hard to drive if you can't rest your heal on the floor. Easy as putting floor mats in and out. Much more comfortable for my wife and she loves it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts