PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Tire Car Plant Vehicle

just bought this 2012 800xp. Runs and drives great. We were some back country roads today and the heat coming from behind the seat is really bad. Looking for ideas to stop the hot air flowing into the cab.
hello from South Dakota.
Chad
Wheel Tire Car Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
2020 Ranger XP1000 Northstar Crew Ultimate
76 Posts
Welcome to the forum fellow Dakotan. Can’t help with your issue but there are some great members here that probably can if theres a resolution to be had.

·
Registered
235 Posts
for the heat coming to your lower back, when I had a 800 , I put a foam pool noodle and this was very helpful.
the 800 generates lot's of heat, and being under the seat I also added insulation for the whole thing, I put heat insulation on the bottom of the seat , also on the wall behind your legs.
this helped a lot.

·
Administrator
7,174 Posts
Dakota, I would be checking the fuel pressure as 800's are known fuel pump eaters and low fuel pressure means LOT'S OF HEAT from a lean running engine.

Reactions: RJ

·
Registered
2011 Ranger 800 6xCentipede
266 Posts
You got the bun warmer option at no extra charge!

·
Registered
6 Posts
View attachment 138596
just bought this 2012 800xp. Runs and drives great. We were some back country roads today and the heat coming from behind the seat is really bad. Looking for ideas to stop the hot air flowing into the cab.
hello from South Dakota.
Chad
View attachment 138596
Jungleman knows his stuff about Polaris fuel systems. I have the same problem on 2011. Replace two seats already due to the bottom melting. This is the advice he gave me.
Mal, if the fuel pressure is low the engine will run lean ........... and lean means HOT . That is why Polaris went to the 58 psi regulator on the 2013 and above two cylinder engines. The symptoms you are describing are classic fuel line VAPOR LOCK. Fuel based with alcohol has a much lower boiling point and yes, It can get boiling hot in a 800 fuel tank . I would be checking the fuel pressure for 43 psi and changing the fuel pump and regulator if neccessary. Try to find non gasahol fuel and you may possbly need to insulate the fuel lines that go throught the engine compartment. The 43 psi minimum is a big part of it. This is a widely recoginized problem with the 800's . It is possible if you want to go to the expense to change the regulator to 58 psi and have the ECU flashed at the dealership for the change in fuel delivery pressure.

Here is a good lifetime fuel pump and regulator kit for the 2012 800
Fuel Pump for Polaris Ranger 800 2011-2012 +Regulator+Strainer+Tank Seal 2204402 | eBay

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
800's are azz cookers. Pool noodles as suggested above to block the heat from rolling up your back. Definitely check the fuel pressure. And this here will help keep it cooler. Worked better than a expensive fuel controller on my 800.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts