PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the forum. I have a 2011 ranger 400 with 346 hours on it. Just had my motor rebuilt and had a few questions

What kind of break in do I need to do

Do I change the oil after 10-20 hours like I did when it was new?

Thanks

Aaron

·
Registered
103 Posts
wow I am surprised you had to rebuild it with only 350 hours. I have one but only 40 hours but a freind has a 2011 with 895 hours and doesn't even burn oil

·
Registered
619 Posts
With a complete rebuild I would follow the owners manual break in procedure as well as the break in oil change intervals. I would also be sure you determined the cause of the initial engine failure. I have learned the hard way….first diagnose the cause of the failure, then repair. 346 hours seems really low to have needed an engine overhaul...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had a guy borrow it and idled it for 10 hours in one day. Apparently it got pretty hot and started burning oil. Once the oil got too low, the piston seazed to the rod. Had to have cylinder bored and a new crank. Dealership wanted almost 4k. Lucky I found a guy in Dallas to do it all for $1550. Including a 6 month guarantee.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Wow, Aaron... Terrible luck on this deal. Like others have stated I would follow the owners manual for break in on the new motor. I have about 260 hours on ,y 500 EFI and I sure hope I don't have to cross that bridge. Good luck!

Eric

·
Registered
585 Posts
Had a guy borrow it and idled it for 10 hours in one day. Apparently it got pretty hot and started burning oil. Once the oil got too low, the piston seazed to the rod.
Lol WOW. Who was the retard that thought idling for 10 hours was a good idea? Pretty disrespectful! I hope that guy paid for the rebuild

1 - 6 of 6 Posts