PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

New NorthStar owner Max H

5K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Jcoon 
#1 ·
Hello All
I have been a member of RZRforums.net for over 10 years and have had several RZR's over the years.
A week ago we just picked up our new 2021 NorthStar Ultimate crew. We still have the XPT for the fast stuff but the Ranger is a whole different level of comfort and fun for recreation here in central Idaho

I look forward to being part of this PRC Ranger club as well.
I am looking for a little more fender flare coverage for the front are the Mudbusters a good choice?
I have done a little searching but I haven't found much recently on storage boxes that dont cost $300 buck each... any advice on this or any other must haves would be appreciated

I cant wait till someone comes out with forward A arms so I can add my 32' carnivores

Thanks
Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design

See less See more
#4 ·
Welcome aboard Max. Nice looking rig! Add a set of portal's with those 32's and dominate the trails.😉

Reactions: Max H
#6 ·
Really like my 30 carnivores. I heard 2 more week for your a arms to be released. Hang in there. The camber adjustment is a nice bonus.

Reactions: Max H
#7 ·
Welcome Max! We only ask that you post lots of pics! Starting with how does that blue pop in the sunlight?

#8 ·
Love your rig, Great color choice also :) I just picked up my 3 seater Ranger Northstar Ultimate in blue also. I was looking and are you sure u need forward a-arms? My stock tires measure around 28.75 on the ranger and the 32" carnivores are pretty under sized as are most carnivores from what ive seen and read as they are usually around 31". From what I can see they must of changed the angle of the stock a-arms to use 29" tires without rubbing at all. It looks like at full lock I have around 2.5" of clearance. Should be just enough for 32" carnivores? The reason I ask is I am either gonna order some carnivores or System 3 XTR 370's and not sure if I wanna go 30 or 32". choices choices lol...

#9 ·
@GR1MxREAPER
Thanks for the comments your looks good as well ..Great minds think alike ..LOL
I didn't plan it / order it ... it was just what the dealer had at the time I probably would have taken any color option but I do like the blue the best
It was the only new 2021 NorthStar crew ultimate in Idaho at the time and luckily for me it just happened that a previous buyer had walked away from the deal and I got lucky that it was available.
Sometimes the blind hog finds the acorn ...:ROFLMAO:

I will mount my 32's up and confirm if they will fit or not but I really think they will rub ...if they fit it will be super tight and under compression I am almost certian they will rub...either way I will mount them up and see ..I will post some pic later

#10 ·
That would be awesome.. thanks for taking the time I really appreciate it. I have the 2.5” MMa lift also that I just installed today and it went on really nice and axle angles look pretty good still. Will be looking forward to some pics. Tag me when you post or PM me a pic if you can.

#11 ·
I measured the clearance I have with the stock Maxxis 29 " tires they actually measure closer to 28.5".
From the inner fender well to the tire when turned about 3/4 of the way it has just less than 1" of clearance (.980 to be exact ) this is the closest point to contacting
Automotive tire Rim Synthetic rubber Tread Automotive wheel system

Calipers Floor Black Grey Space

I then measured my 32" Maxxis Carnivores actual size is 31 " mounted on the machine they are just touching the fender well . 1.5" forward A arms are definitely needed. If someone made 1" offset that would work at a minimum
This is all measured in 100% stock form. 2021 NorthStar crew Ultimate ...the front preload setting is one adjustment position from full stiff

Here is a picture of the Carnivore 32" mounted in the front as you can see they just touch the inner firewall
Hopefully this helps answer some questions
Automotive tire Rim Tread Synthetic rubber Fender

They sure look good though!!
Tire Motor vehicle Wheel Automotive tire Automotive design

#12 ·
Thank you. I think the 2.5” bracket lift will help a little by giving a tiny bit more room but yeah they would definitely still rub no matter what without a arms and I don’t want to do aftermarket a arms so I will just go with the 30” carnivores or system 3 xtr 370’s. Thanks again for taking the time to measure and try your tires and the pic. They are gonna look awesome on there once you get some a arms. Take care 👍🏼

#13 ·
IMO ...I think you might want to re-think the forward A arms they are not real expensive and it is a good upgrade on most all the UTV's I have had. They have been beneficial with no real down side . Yes some very slight increase in turning radius but not significant . Otherwise you are not gaining much from 29 to 30 and a light weight 32" tire is great.
It's kind of the new standard. ....Just a thought, before you buy new 30 " tires.
I would burn up the factory tires a little first ..🏁
Keep us posted on what you do !

#14 ·
IMO ...I think you might want to re-think the forward A arms they are not real expensive and it is a good upgrade on most all the UTV's I have had. They have been beneficial with no real down side . Yes some very slight increase in turning radius but not significant . Otherwise you are not gaining much from 29 to 30 and a light weight 32" tire is great.
It's kind of the new standard. ....Just a thought, before you buy new 30 " tires.
I would burn up the factory tires a little first ..🏁
Keep us posted on what you do !
Thanks for the info but I have other reasons why I don't want them. I will be putting tracks on mine at some point and don't want to mess with custom track brackets so any aftermarket a arms will be a no go for sure. I sold my factory tires for $750 already lol. So I get the tires and wheels I want and its only gonna cost me around $500 which is awesome. Gonna go with the System 3 SB-5 Bead locks in grey with 30x10x14 System 3 XTR 370's. I love the carnivores but my last set I had some problems with punctures in the lugs. Hoping the heavier more heavy duty XTR370's will work better.. They are about 6-7lbs heavier but they are also true to size so that's nice. My last set of 30" Carnivores were 29" off the machine and 28 1/2 on the machine at 12psi which sucked lol. Really love how these wheels look, ill put a pic below. I think the Silver/light grey of these wheels will go nice with the Matte Blue plastics and Silver A arms on our rangers.

#16 ·
That makes sense ...I love the wheels and the positive offset they have
Are they 7" wide rims ?
I run a similar wheel on my RZR made by KMC 38 mm back space
They are 14x7 yes. Yeah I think the width shouldn’t change much, maybe an inch or 2 at the very most. Can’t find much info on these new wheels we have as far as offset etc.. guessing they are around 50mm or so.

#18 ·
I have a 2021Northstar xp1000 premium crew and see all your posts on tires here. I have access ro 30x10x14 Carnivores and rims that are brand new takeoffs from a 2021 Rzr Pro xp. Question is will these fit my machine without any rubbing or interference?. Sounds like you guys have been all over this. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.