PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. After selling my Sportsman 850 earlier this year, I finally purchased my 2015 Ranger 570 LE midsize. I spent months debating if I should get the 900 or this. The cab improvements and small suspension improvements helped me feel comfortable with my final decision. The 900s are sweet, but even though specs say they are only 2" wider, they seem much more than that in person. I live in western PA and contrary to how we typically think, smaller size does matter... I am very happy with my purchase. I just ordered the Polaris HD 4500 winch and plan on getting a plow. I know asking what is the best plow will open up a whole can of worms, so my question is this: of those who have a midsize ranger with the Polaris Plow setup - what are your thoughts? I'm also looking for input regarding which light bar I should get to mount on the the roof? I bought the sport roof already. What width and what brand do you have experience/pics with? Thanks all in advance!

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
bought my lightbar from ebay, 70 bucks. works GREAT!

as for plow, i gotta eagle plow and i love it! heavy as hell but strong!

welcome to the midsize club fellow western PA rider. lol

·
Registered
891 Posts
Welcome to the forums and congrats on your purchase! Ordered my 40" LED flood/spot combo light bar through Amazon for $129 w/free 2 day shipping and have been plowing snow with my 66 American Eagle blade for 4 winters now! great plow! Whatever you get, order a front mount! Much easier to hookup AND raises much higher for piling snow!

Cheers

Reactions: mustangwagz

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, it is locked on there. I had to pull on the back side more than I anticipated to get it to latch in. It also has a few bolts you can put in for extra hold. I did not have the bolts in and drove home with the Ranger on an open trailer doing 70 mph and the roof is still on top.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cool, i guess that's really what i wanted to know, if it could handle going 70mph on open trailer. I Was kind of worried about it flying off.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
I drove both and choose the 500 mid over the 900

1 - 7 of 7 Posts