PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I formally owned a 2014, 570 midsize crew and wanted power steering. After considering all options (priced a power steering unit plus install on my former unit vs. trading up, I decided to trade up and purchased the 2015, 570 Midsize crew with EPS. When comparing my former 570, this unit runs smoother (noticed on the front fender decal dual overhead cam, but I have no idea if that is contributing to my perceived impression of the engine actually running smoother), but you can notice (4 hp) the difference in engine response. The component I wanted most was the EPS and I told the dealer yesterday that I will never purchase another one without it. There is no question the EPS option adds cost to the unit, but after using it for a couple hours you really begin to enjoy and appreciate the ease of steering in tight places including and not limited to backing-up. Overall, I’m very delighted with the unit and would encourage anyone considering these units, give an EPS a try.

570 solar red crew.jpg

·
Registered
321 Posts
Power Steering will be on my next ranger for sure regardless of the model. I hate having to use 2 hands to steer when my buddies are drinking a beer with one hand and steering 32' and 34's with the other. My buddy just bought one like yours and it got a ton of more power than my 12' 500.

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
For a long time I swore that EPS was not necessary.....but after having it on my RZR, I'll never own another SXS without it. Like you said, one handed operation is sweet.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Cheap way to go is put on a brody knob/spinner you can steer and drink beer at the same time, ask me how I know!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Yep I just added a knob on the steering wheel and it's great. No its not power steering but now I can steer one handed

·
Registered
209 Posts
Lol I might have to explore this. Do they make cool looking ones that anyone has seen?

And congrats on the new machine alloutdoors!

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
I got a pretty bad ass one from tractor supply.

·
Registered
321 Posts
I guess I should have said with 2 fingers!!!! Either way I won't have that problem one day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts