PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

61 - 66 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I found after owning 6 Rangers the bed on the new Ranger does not squeak/rattle and you can open with one finger..Very nice not having the emergency brake and not taking your seat off to check your oil! The room under the hood was just about worthless after you added the second battery which is no longer needed now.. If you notice there is no need for inner fender liners because the cab is almost completely enclosed now which will almost eliminate heat/dust/cold etc...All the holes/slots in the inner fenders are done away with.. Bravo Polaris...

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
Toxic-21 said:
carnivore said:
The older Rangers have a steel framework in the bed.
Which years have the steel frame work, my 09 is plastic.
Thanks for the clarification.
not sure how I missed this. My 09 had a steel frame in the bed. Take off a box side, you will see the frame.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yesterday afternoon, thinking I needed different ramps I ventured over to my Polaris dealer... once in the parking lot I spied the new candy apple red XP sitting there in all its new package. Banging around near and far in my 08 800 Rzr had me soon touching, grasping then quickly hiking my boney butt into the drivers pouch. Before I knew it, the sells guys was on my six instructing me to slide over I wanna take you for ah ride! Not exactly realizing what I was in for, a sudden smile broke out on my face as the 900 fired up an immediately I noticed just how quite the thing is. When we took off I felt this swirling dizzy-like feeling inside the pit of my stomach, a feeling I have not had in years: "Wooh! "This CRATE moves!" While all this is happening the sells guys explaining all the upgrades and even minor details as we approach curbs and parking blocks rolling over each one as if they don't exist! Bump! "Oh? Is that all there is?" Bump Bump as he just keeps on keeping on... after two more turn my stomach fast attack take-offs he suddenly brings the thing to a full stop and says, your turn: Gets out walks away, leaving me sitting there trying to take it all in.

As he scampers off to do his sells guy out-reach and such I get behind the wheel, soon as I turn the steering wheel I find myself in certain amazement how car-like it actually replicates. No more kick back causing injured hands. Now, an event of the past, the all new framework of the cab design, the new lock and ride, very cool. I am most sure after market venters are going to have a high ol' time in the creative design department. I already marvel at the amount of small property implements attachments and so on. Now if only somebody could come up with a thrasher and a true dozer blade, but I suppose thats over the limit in oh so many ways... oh well?

I was also told Polaris lowered the center of gravity overall, as even the seating has been lowered over and inch and a half as I understand it. Watching recent online videos demonstrates how the new windshields and hard top latch on. The new built-in the dash stereo is a neat deal, me not so much anymore. I discovered a new and better way to enjoy my outward bound melodies of the trail so to speak. As for the under dash areas, I see so much potential in the installation of HAM/CB radio if group riding is the goal.

As a ranch farm or property utility rig? I see nothing but positives! The area of the improved load carrying and hauling combined with the improved spacious dump capable bed has me paying real close attention. I myself see this new rig as duel purpose. An implement used to clear downed trees, general forest debris to even using the unit to rescue stuck vehicles. I'm most sure soon we'll see folks installing Mat-Traks on em and combined with the new cab will most certainly make a big hit in snow country.

Didn't mean to go on a writing binge here. I suppose when I see something thats flies, floats and rolls--I see what makes our country so great! A collaboration of ingenuity, creativity and always reaching for that next higher rung...

<<<*>>>

61 - 66 of 66 Posts