PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

New Ranger OEM LED Headlight accents

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  JokerJeep 
#1 ·
I recently updated my 2020 Ranger 1000XP to the new LED headlights from Polaris. I am trying to see if anyone has been able to wire the headlights to run the “eyebrows” as DRLs?
Our new Sportsman has them but has a 4 wire harness instead of the 3 that is on the Rangers. I have seen RZR’s that have adapters but also have a 4 wire plug that just needs a jumper to the ignition to get this done. I will attach pics for reference. Thanks for looking!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
If you are trying to get them to be on whenever the switch is on, you should be able to hook them to your busbar/power bar that is turned on by the ignition switch. You just have to find which wire controls them. I’m assuming you already have a plan for the ground. I don’t think they probably draw very much.

#3 · (Edited)
Thanks Jim,
Yeah I was thinking that was probably the best option. If I were to get a busbar plug for that one wire and spliced in, would it be ground? I wasn’t sure if all of the busbar slots are grounded already? Sorry I feel like an idiot asking but don’t know all the ins and outs with electrical :)

Appreciate all the feedback!

#4 ·
My busbar only has positive. I don’t have one like yours if there are two wires on the plug, then there probably is a negative as well.

#5 ·
It's a waste to wire to buss bar for on with key,just leave your lights on all the time,they shut off when key is off anyway. as far as getting just the accent light to work I have thought about that also but what I can figure out you would have to get inside light assembly and probably a circuit board. I did the same with my 2020 1000Xp bought the LEDs.

#6 ·
JokerJeep, yes you are correct on the lights. I thought it already had a ground and the 3 wires controlled the high/low/accent. It is just a high/low/ground with a constant power to the accent portion.
When I adjust the headlights I am planning on taking one out and pulling the back off to see what it looks like in there. No idea if it would just be as simple as running another wire in there or if it will be a mess in there.

It is all for fun at this point. If someone has had the back off of the new led lights and has a picture, let me know.
Thanks!

#7 ·
Yes, for almost 500 bucks I just didn't want to take them apart, but I tried a bit got chicken. Like I said I imagine there is some sort of circuit board or or something in there.I bought some DRL strips but they looked like crap,nice strip but just no place to put them so they look right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.