PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
800s don't have a Schrader valve on the fuel rail, that's the 700s. G, you can check the fuel pressure at the pump or by removing the damper that's on the opposite side of the fuel rail. Fuel pressure should be about 42 psi.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
So before my fuel pump comes in I was messing around with it, and when it’s running I would mvoe the pto injector harness and engine would die. So that tells me there’s a unnoticeable chaffed or broken wire in that harness. So ordered the harness for injectors too.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Replaced injector pigtail, had it running for a few minutes and I seen sparks coming out of the fuel rail where it’s circled. Any idea???

·
Registered
470 Posts
You were probably seeing sparks from the top of that spark plug with the missing boot. The area you have circled is just the damper on the fuel rail.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Jezzus.........Had to be arcing from the plug wire. you probably need to change BOTH plug wires to make it run right.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ok got the spark plug boot In. Replaced tps harness. At idle rpms fluctuate. It starts off around 900-950 rpms than it’ll slowly go up to around 1400 rpms than slowly back down to 900-950. Any ideas?

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
"starts off around 900-950 rpms than it’ll slowly go up to around 1400 rpms than slowly back down to 900-950. "

Either the IAC harness is bad or the throttle cable is adjusted to tight ..

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
"starts off around 900-950 rpms than it’ll slowly go up to around 1400 rpms than slowly back down to 900-950. "

Either the IAC harness is bad or the throttle cable is adjusted to tight ..

Does OTB carry that harness also JM?

G, I've also seen the crank position sensor wires rub through down by the plug. Passenger side down towards the bottom of the motor.

·
Registered
5,294 Posts
Does OTB carry that harness also JM?

G, I've also seen the crank position sensor wires rub through down by the plug. Passenger side down towards the bottom of the motor.
Yeah, they make it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Guess I’ll check the iac harness. Drives fine but when I stop to shift in high gear or reverse its ad 1400 rpms and doesn’t let me change gear. I have to shut it off change the gear than turn it back on.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts