PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

21 - 40 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #21 (Edited)
I would drill out broken bosses, add aluminum spacers and put carriage through bolts from top down with sealant under bolt heads before I pay for another roof lol.
I have thought about doing that with spacers but I will try for a refund. I don’t want another one of these roofs. It will eventually fail again and it will be outside of the parts warranty period. My biggest hurdle will be wife approval for a different one. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
273 Posts
I hear ya! Right now I couldn’t get my wife to approve a cup holder?

·
Super Moderator
6,853 Posts
I have thought about doing that with spacers but I will try for a refund. I don’t want another one of these roofs. It will eventually fail again and it will be outside of the parts warranty period. My biggest hurdle will be wife approval for a different one. Lol

It’s easier to ask for forgiveness than beg for permission.?

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Added the Polaris Beacon Light. Just waiting on the extension harness to finish.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Looks nice! For me it looks like one more thing my adult sons would rip from my unit via a tree branch, and then say they didn’t do it😩!

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Looks nice! For me it looks like one more thing my adult sons would rip from my unit via a tree branch, and then say they didn’t do it😩!
I was thinking it tucked in more to the unit than it does, so that is a concern. Most of our trails out here in Idaho are wide and open so hopefully it won’t be an issue.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Should be fine for you I’m sure! My boys would find a way to rip it off in a Walmart parking lot!🤣

Reactions: Stroke250

·
Registered
2,628 Posts
Looks Great..
But post #1 , pic 2....is the neighbors Bronco for sale ?

Reactions: Stroke250

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Looks Great..
But post #1 , pic 2....is the neighbors Bronco for sale ?
No sir. I wish it was! It is still in great shape. It reminds me of Walt’s bronco in the series “Longmire” as it is basically the same one.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
I would drill out broken bosses, add aluminum spacers and put carriage through bolts from top down with sealant under bolt heads before I pay for another roof lol.
An old broomstick would solve that problem.How much did the roof cost op?

·
Registered
273 Posts
You sound like you are scared of your wife?
I’m definitely scared of MY wife lol...she has her own guns and knows how to use them😩! BTW...never buy your wife her own guns

Reactions: Clubin

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I forgot to add, the second Polaris roof is already failing(only a couple months old). My dealer has a case with Polaris. They submitted an application to be a dealer for the roofs from Whomoto/Deep South. With that said, I believe they are going to help me out and warranty the factory one but keep it and refund me. Then, I will order the Deep South one direct through them.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
An old broomstick would solve that problem.How much did the roof cost op?
I am guessing this was for me? It was around $540. I could make the spacer thing work, but I’m over this roof already considering how quickly both have failed.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks to @Toxic-21 and his parts list, I got the wired remote added as a backup for the winch in the event the wireless remote fails/battery dies. Plug and play simple.
Hello, how many hours and miles do you have on your Backcountry? I have the same machine, and just did the first oil change at 25hr and 350 miles. Also could you please provide me with the part number for the winch control hook up, I been wanting to hard wire it like you did for the same reasons. Keep the content coming, it's nice to see others with the same machine. I'm going to try to post more once I get more miles on it.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
Hello, how many hours and miles do you have on your Backcountry? I have the same machine, and just did the first oil change at 25hr and 350 miles. Also could you please provide me with the part number for the winch control hook up, I been wanting to hard wire it like you did for the same reasons. Keep the content coming, it's nice to see others with the same machine. I'm going to try to post more once I get more miles on it.
I have 45 hours and 655ish miles on it. This is my second service on the unit.

Here is the thread with the part numbers I used minus the washers as my dealer didn’t have any stock. See @Toxic-21 post in it.

Nice seeing other Backcountry owners on here!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sweet, thank you. Although I have the 4500 lb winch. But I doubt that matters.

21 - 40 of 76 Posts