PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought the 2015 XP 900 EPS Hunter Edition. Came with the winch, gun scabbards, EBS,and I'm having them install the Dust Kit and Sport Roof. This is my first Polaris ever. Looking at HID bulb upgrades if someone sells them for this rig. I usually run 26x14 Baja Cross tires? Will these clear the stock setup? Will not do windshield because in AZ I never liked them due to dust. Looking for any input from the forum on what I should consider doing and what not to waste money on. I believe in good skid plates so if their is a brand that is preferred please advise. We will ride in the Forest to the Desert type terrain. Thanks!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I finished all my research on this forum and others. I try to do this to save money and not making the wrong choice. Lots of good info here. I installed the 26" Baja Cross tires on the stock wheels. It was the best choice for Az terrain. Also went with the HID kit that was very easy to install. Has the Hi/Lo beam feature. Dust seal kit from Polaris. Removed the fish net doors. Made a bed mat out of some 1/4 neoprene rubber. Additional cargo box anchors. Now there are 6 versus 4. And a Dee Zee Aluminum truck box that fits perfect in the bed. Also bought the Yeti Hopper. Still room to stuff a deer or elk quarters. Also discovered Clunk in the right front. Ball Joints were not tighten all the way from factory and I removed the sway bar. Now I'm ordering those dirt stoppers or make something to stop the mud from building up. Overall its a great rig. Cha Ching.

·
Registered
113 Posts
sounds cool got any pics of it?

·
Registered
1,896 Posts
The trails I ride a way dusty. I haven't heard of the dust seal kit... can you clue me in? Thanks. Bill

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't have the P/N with me but its a foam gasket kit for 200.00. All the guys I ride with say its a must. Seals under the seat and dash. 2 hours of labor at there shop rate.

·
Registered
41 Posts
75Bronco It looks pretty good.
Looks like you have it pretty well accessorized.
I added one thing you have not so far, Seat Covers. My dogs ride in mine. One of them poked a hole in the seat on my old machine. I may live long enough to trade this one in, and having the seats in great shape would not hurt the trade in value.
Green Mountain Outdoors
out of North Carolina

I have a trailer ball on mine as well. I got a drop hitch and install it UP to get some Ball Height. I move my wood splitter around, and I did have a small utility trailer. I still have the trailer, but it has been repurposed into a 6 place Kayak Trailer.

I have a 2 wire extension cord with inline fuse that I need to install. It is the power cord for my Reese Hitch mounted Seeder, and 25 gallon Sprayer. The sprayer has a Wand as well as a Fan Nozzle (Boom Sprayer without the Boom) that is Reese Hitch mounted.

Again Your Ride Looks Great.

Bob R

1 - 8 of 8 Posts