PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New rzr 800 eps had 6 hours on it. acceleration over half throttle it felt like engine was cutting out like a rev limiter or governor. Picks up speed but missing every couple seconds.

Round 1 with dealer:
belt was delaminating and they change belt

2 engine hours later doing the same thing

Round 2 with dealer:
They said they replaced a spring in the clutch with a lighter spring (questionable)

Now it doing it again but not as easy. If the tires break loose any slight bit it will do it. Before it would do it anytime you give it hard gas even on pavement with no spin.

I've tried in low and high but same issue

I need som input from other owners so when I bring this thing back for the third time they won't try to feed me some bs like before saying my bike is making more hp than usual or it's the cold weather causing my bike to perform better therefore I'm reaching my rev limiter

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Welcome to PRC.

As you eluded, it does sound like it's bumping the limiter. Why is difficult to say, but I doubt that replacing the spring would correct it. If anything, my guess would be that they need to add heavier weights.

Has it done this since it was new or did it start around the 6 hour mark that you mentioned?

Regardless of the reason, they should repair it under warranty. I know it's a hassle to keep taking it back to teh dealer, but I'd stay on them and get it fixed before the warranty expires. If they don't seem to be any help on the next round, I'd probably try another dealer and hope they are more knowledgeable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It started a lil before 6 hours
The first time I brought it in was at 6 hours
They keep feeding me bs cause I guess ther realize my knowledge about these rzrs and clutches is slim to none
I know this thing should not be doing this
I also have a renegade 1000 and spit the crap out the wheels and have never hit the limiter
I've owned several bikes and never had this issue
To me replacing that spring was putting a band aid instead of fixing the issue
Why is it so hard for a dealer to figure out problems, don't they have contacts with polaris ?
If people on forums know that it's not right why don't they ?
Don't they work on these things all the time

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
......Why is it so hard for a dealer to figure out problems, don't they have contacts with polaris ?
If people on forums know that it's not right why don't they ?
Don't they work on these things all the time
All good questions.
Without bashing your dealer or pointing fingers, all I can say is that some dealers are more knowledgeable than others.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
that would be a miracle good luck I hope ya do get a response T&S I never got one when I did it but a line of bs
I emailed polaris directly
Let's see if I get a response
Lol

·
Registered
5,983 Posts
I emailed polaris directly
Let's see if I get a response
Lol
Rolling laughter.............a response other than "thank you for your PO purchase and take your vehicle to an authorized service center ?."

1 - 8 of 8 Posts