PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been a year in the planning, pricing, variance getting, permit pulling, site prep etc. but finally have broken ground.

image.jpg

image.jpg

My dad proudly showing off his work.

image.jpg

·
Registered
284 Posts
Man thats going to be nice size!! I got afew more years before I get one built. As Rich mentioned, keep us updated! Nice to get some ideas!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The weather in the last couple of days has really slowed the progress and with the wind scheduled for tomorrow and the cold temps again on the way, I don't see the men showing up for another couple of days. Watching the Mennonites work is really amazing. This is only the second project I haven't done myself on this property and I'm glad I didn't tackle this one. What you see there is 3 days work with 4 guys. Next is roof and siding so the wind, cold and snow are not my friends.

·
Registered
18,494 Posts
That looks great!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pictures will be coming. The weather here has been very uncooperative for the past week with 2 feet of snow and really cold temps and high winds. They are planning on being here Thursday with a large crew. The main building is 50x40 and there is a 50x16 lean to off the back. I was thinking of in floor heat but it is not a shop that will be used or heated every day so the amount of time required to heat the building that way just doesn't work well for me. I have access to all the firewood I'll ever need so my wood stove will provide all the free heat. Hopefully with the lifts in there, I won't be crawling on the concrete at all.

Thanks all for the compliments. Can't wait to see it finished.

·
SSW Moderator
3,662 Posts
Looks great. It sure must be cold working out there now.

Sent from my Samsung Note 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Ok, I can understand that, but if you ever want to you only got 1 shot, go ahead and put the 1/2 PEX in the floor, the stuff use to be pricey but everyone carries it today. I know to many that after the fact have regretted it, besides the outside wood burners are set up perfectly for water heat. As a side note my insurance company made me remove my wood/coal/used oil burner, all open flame burners need to be 8ft off the floor in a shop, I argued to no avail.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Finally a break in the weather. Roof on today.

image.jpg

image.jpg

I have until spring to figure out if I am going to lay pex or not. I hate the idea of spending all that money on it then drilling a hole through it for one of the lifts. I will be placing styrofoam insulation under the concrete for insulation regardless of in floor heat or not.

·
Registered
577 Posts
That is just a fine looking shop in the works..

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Drilling into it is always a concern but if you lay out your reinforcing wire right and use it for the grid you should be able to pinpoint each run. Rough calculations, 6 runs @ 300ft each is about $600 in tubing. I apologize for seeming pushy but like I said you only got 1 shot, what I really like about mine beside it's the most efficient system for heating large areas is when I bring in the snowmobiles or plow truck after a hard day by the next morning it's thawed and the floor is dry. Anyways you got a great looking shed, but I'll bet it's not big enough....:D

1 - 20 of 67 Posts