PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Very, very sweet shop. But your outlets are upside down :beguiled:
They are upside down when compared to house construction. Many shops put them this way so that if something metal were to fall down and a plug were not fully in, it would only hit the ground pin and not the hot and neutral. Yes, quite a few things would have to go bad to get a fireworks showbut since it cost nothing to put them in this way, I just went with it. Wierd things seem to happen at my house.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Nice place man, hard work pays off and it looks like this is going to allow you to do what you enjoy and are good at...

How much do you have in to the building not set up? and with the building all outfitted the way you have it?

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Wertles, nicely done. You have done a great job, you should be proud.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I enjoyed this thread more than any other thread on the forum. I am blown away my friend, so well planned and thought out, has to be the nicest home shop I have seen! The few that tried to point out what they considered flaws, (PVC air lines, upside down outlets) made me laugh as each found out just how meticulously this project was thought out. Always has to be one in the crowd to ask the personal question; "How much that thing set ya back"? Forgive him as we are all just like him trying to figure can we save enough to join ya.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
Yes, much thought has gone into every aspect into this shop. I spent almost a year planning and a year building. Besides the shell and concrete, everything else (electrical, plumbing, insulation, walls, painting, accessories etc.) was done by myself with my dad as my helper.

Cost as it sits now is roughly 60-65K. I made a list of everything I needed before I started, bought things when they went on sale or clearance, bought many things in bulk pricing or end of season, so I was able to keep costs from getting out of control. I have a couple of contractor friends. They estimate the building at 100K plus if they had done everything I have done.

So far, only one real regret. I should have made the building 42 X 52 instead of 40 X 50. I never took into account inside dimensions vs exterior dimensions. I can still put two regular size cars deep but two more feet would have made it comfortable. As for as width goes, everything really goes by four foot increments and there really would have not been any real cost difference between 50 and 52 foot wide. The extra two feet at the one end of the one end of the building would have been huge.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Very nice job!

·
Registered
280 Posts
Awesome shop I would love a shop like that nice job

61 - 67 of 67 Posts