PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after a lot off looking and pricing , I finally pulled the trigger on a new set of tires and rims . Went with 27" Roctanes on 14" STI Beadlock rims . Hope to pick them up next Friday and will post some pics when I get them installed.

Ron

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pics of new rims and tires

camera dump oct 2014 317.JPG camera dump oct 2014 319.JPG camera dump oct 2014 322.JPG

Hope this works , attempting to post pics of new tires and rims

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Nice! What size were your old tires?

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
The new tires look HUGE next to the OEM tires!

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
nicer looks like bead locks T&S

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
That's the same wheel/tire combo' I'm running on my RZR, only with a 30" tire. I am really liking them so far.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
That's the same wheel/tire combo' I'm running on my RZR, only with a 30" tire. I am really liking them so far.
How much (additional) stress do you think the larger diameter tires put on the drive train, suspension and brakes? I would like to have more clearance but I'm not really interested in changing the suspension. Even an inch of increased clearance through bigger tires would be nice, but a couple inches would be even better.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the comments. The oem tires were 26x9x12 front 26x11x12 rear Polaris PXTs, the new rocktanes are 27x9x14 and 27x11x14. The specs say 27.2" od for the 9s and 27.5 od for the 11s could not find any specs on the PXT but they must run small as there is quite the difference between the two.
I don't see any noticeable difference in axle angle , but the weight and aggressiveness of the Roctanes are sure to put some additional strain on things. there is still a good inch of clearance on the inner fenders without any kind of lift.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Wow. One inch diff in size looks like 3 inches. Seems like the tire manufacturers need to come up with a uniform standard of sizing tires, or follow the existing standard.:glee:

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the comments. I have roughly 1" clearance on the front but I have moved my shocks to the outer holes. From all the reading that I did researching tires I would guess that 28" will rub. Some 28" tires only rub lightly in off camber situations and others will rub hard enough to cause damage. Hope this helps some.

Ron
ps I bought my console here in Canada at Canadian tire. I really like it as it fits well and doesn't slide around it is held on by a bungee cord and can be removed in seconds. I will see if I has the manufactures name on it and post it for you maybe you could find a supplier in the USA.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts