PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a friend of mine does CNC work and metal fab. After buying a new 900 crew he didn't like the snorkel kits available and the idea of cutting the bed, or the back seat etc. He decided to fab up his own and is now going to hand fab up more for anyone who would be interested in buying them. They're made out of aluminum and powder coated your color of choice. No cutting of the bed, seat mounts etc. Snorkels are almost invisible unless you know they're there. The cost of making these is rather pricey but for those of you who want to spend the extra dollars to keep from cutting up plastics this is really cool. I wish I would have seen them before I installed my kit. Price is $800.

·
Super Moderator
6,838 Posts
What all comes in the "Kit"?

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I think he should have made them higher, well at least ones one he wants to sell. Maybe offer a low and a high version. Looks dang good though.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
snorkels include everything to connect the risers to the belt intake/exhaust (in the center) and airbox (on the left). Bellows for diff vents and I'm not sure how he has the gas tank vented. I just got off the phone with him and he may be decreasing his price. If you all have any questions, I'm not sure how often he gets on here, but PM me and I can pass along his phone number. He isn't an ATV accessory shop, but he's a talented metal worker and so it's something I though I'd pass along.

·
Registered
764 Posts
The belt intake and exhaust are 2 different parts...are there 3 total snorkels or only 2..?

·
Registered
208 Posts
Nice. For a setup that clean and costly I think people would pay it if it did not interfere with the rear window

·
Premium Member
558 Posts
Looks nice, as long as you don't have rear glass.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Looks like air intake is near drivers seatbelt. Very clean looking setup!

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Mark, kudos to your friend that came up with the design and the metal work. That looks really clean.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah it's pretty sweet... good pick up... yes there are three stacks. I would think they might get in the way of a rear windshield though. I don't want to speak for him as far as the price. I know $800 was his initial thought because of the amount of work that goes into it and the aluminum, powder coat, etc. Last I talked to him he said he was going to lower it. Like I said, I thought it was a pretty cool setup and extremely clean so I though I would pass it along to whoever is looking for a snorkel. He's a GC for his main job. He just does CNC work and metal fab on the side and does nice work... don't think he's looking to get rich off of it or anything.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts