PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Needing new tires for my crew--What would be a good replacement.I do a lot of paved road driving. Was thinking about the Maxxis big horns???
Any thoughts or help---Thanks
dlineman1

·
Registered
764 Posts
Anything is better than stock :)

I like bighorns but wouldn't be my first choice for a lot of pavement riding...I'd prefer a truck tire if I was planning on running a lot of hard stuff...

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Bighorns are great and hold up decently on asphalt. But as mentioned above, if I rode A LOT on pavement, I would consider using something like a Super Swamper TSL. They still have good off-road performance and will wear a LONG time on something as light as a SXS.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I looked at those tires and if I looked at the right ones they are 4 ply and look very aggressive tread???

·
Registered
22,346 Posts
Do they make the Super swappers in 12"tires???
No. You'd have to upgrade to 14" wheels. Obviously that would cost more on the front end, but I think you'd save in the long run if you drive a lot of asphalt. The Swamper is gonna wear MUCH longer than an ATV tire. I've had both TSL's and Boggers on 2 separate Scouts (back in my Jeeping days) and they last forever.

·
Registered
42 Posts
My riding also is mostly pavement. I went with Maxis Ceros in stock 12" sizes. Only have a couple hundred miles on them but they are very smooth and very quiet.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Just bought 12" Buzz Saws. 6 ply radial. Supposedly will last. I do mostly trail though.

·
Registered
492 Posts
I just put bighorns on 12" ITP wheels on my crew. Had them on my 800XP and did approx half and half pavement and offroad. They held up well. My son owns the XP now and bighorns still wearing well.

·
Registered
427 Posts
I vote big horns. They wear like iron. Also you can find great deals on them on craigslist etc from the Rzr guys removing them from there rzr s models.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I replaced my factory tires with Kanati Mongrels..I love them

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
very happy so far with my EFX Moto-Claw tires. they've been great in hard pack, snow or mud. bias ply if you buy for a 12 inch rim, but they ride and drive great

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I looked at those tires and if I looked at the right ones they are 4 ply and look very aggressive tread???
The 4 ply rating of LT swampers does not compare to ATV tires 4 ply rating. I would say the Swamper LT tires are as strong or stronger than 8 ply ATV tires. The aggressive thread provides a smoother more controlable ride and quiet ride on a SxS and as Jerry mentioned that will last forever. I love mine and will not own anything else.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Bought my tires and wheels at mudthrowers.com Best price I found.
free shipping too.

·
Registered
28,607 Posts
One of our sponsors, ATV Outfitters, has the best prices and extremely fast service.

·
Registered
3,689 Posts
Thanks for all the help!!!!! Any suggestion on a place to buy them??
purchased all 4 of my 26in motoclaws on e bay with free shipping for $450

Checked many of the sponsors but they either didn't carry the tires I was looking for, or they were $200 more money.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I got my Motoclaws from Maurice @ ATV Outfitters. No one came close to their price. Try calling them. They were right around $450. I bought wheels too because the price was so good.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts