PRC Polaris Ranger Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Ranger 900xp Camo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and girls, I recently just purchased my first Polaris. It is a new to me 2013 Ranger XP 900. Has around 2,000 miles and all of the stuff I wanted such as a heater full cab, and some other nice accessories. I owned a teryx T4 before this machine and have nothing bad to say about it. Just needed more bed space and I wanted a nicely sealed cab and heater. Is there anything to specifically watch out for maintenance wise on this Ranger? It runs great. My main use is coal/rock/loose gravel trails with the occasional small mud hole.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welcome to the forum and nice machine.
Only thing to watch out for is leaking intake boots. Some had a tendency to leak early on. Spry some carb cleaner around where they attach to the motor and listen for any rpm change. Mine started around 1500 miles on the clock. Easy fix if it needs it.

·
Registered
2013 Ranger 900xp Camo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the forum and nice machine.
Only thing to watch out for is leaking intake boots. Some had a tendency to leak early on. Spry some carb cleaner around where they attach to the motor and listen for any rpm change. Mine started around 1500 miles on the clock. Easy fix if it needs it.
Thanks for the recommendation! I will check it out but I haven’t heard any hissing or anything like a normal vacuum leak.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Thanks for the recommendation! I will check it out but I haven’t heard any hissing or anything like a normal vacuum leak.

You wont hear it, leaks at the sealing surface. But can still suck in fine dust. Just something to keep an eye on.

People have replace the intakes only to have them fail again. I just put a bead of permatex copper gasket sealant on the flange and never had another problem.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Be careful when servicing the rectangular air filter. If it's not seated correctly or if the rear hinges come loose while you're changing it you'll get dust bypassing the filter.

Side note, jealous of that garage kept skid steer.

·
Registered
2013 Ranger 900xp Camo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Be careful when servicing the rectangular air filter. If it's not seated correctly or if the rear hinges come loose while you're changing it you'll get dust bypassing the filter.

Side note, jealous of that garage kept skid steer.
Thanks I will watch for that too! Haha and yeah the skid steer is new to me, got a good deal on in and it’s really low hours for an older machine. I try to keep stuff inside if it fits just to keep it nice. Also got a 72 Nova tucked in there too!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Now we're talkin'.I would rather ride a tractor or skid steer any day than a Ranger. I just sold my excavator and looking for the next toy. BTW, I have a '63 Nova SS.

·
Registered
2013 Ranger 900xp Camo
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Now we're talkin'.I would rather ride a tractor or skid steer any day than a Ranger. I just sold my excavator and looking for the next toy. BTW, I have a '63 Nova SS.
Very nice! What are the details on the nova??? I have an carb’d LS in mine with a Muncie. Just a fun cruiser

·
Registered
37 Posts
you guy's make me jealous with these novas.....had one when I was younger

1 - 9 of 9 Posts